Application Installers Crash...can't install ANY apps.

1 post in this topic

Hi All,

I recently installed 10.6.3 using Tonymac's guide, then updated to 10.6.4, and got everything working (ethernet, sound, etc). But now, every application installer that I try to launch crashes before it even starts.

For example, I downloaded Chrome, Firefox, and Flash Player, mounted the .dmg, dragged the file to the "Applications" folder, then clicked on the app to open it. I get the warning "You downloaded this from the Internet, are you sure you want to open it," yes, I do, and it immediately crashes. When I try to open the app again via the "Applications" folder, I get an immediate crash (without the "downloaded from the Internet" warning).

HOWEVER, I was able to download and run Handbrake. But, near as I can tell, that app doesn't have an installer to it; it comes uncompressed and you just download the app and drag it directly to your hard drive/applications folder and run. Works great! But any app with an installer immediately crashes.

As a shot in the dark, I've run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] a couple of times to see if there was some problem post 10.6.4 update. No luck. This is the second x86 install I've done; the first one went off without a hitch. I'm stumped.

I've attached the error log. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

GA-P55A-UD3P / F11 / i7-860 / NVIDIA 9800

install_error.rtf