Help with installing Mac on VMWare Plz help

46 posts in this topic

You need to install it from within Snow.

Did you use my vmx file?

What type of mouse do you have? usb?

Yeah I have a USB mouse, so should I install it with the keyboard within snow? I also tried PS/2 mouse with no luck. And the DVD driver for VMWare is not working. Also that download link I sent you, is that the correct iso?

Is the file http://www.filedropper.com/darwin-wks7 (Workstation 7 and Snow Leopard support) at this post the correct darwin.iso to download? And do I boot from it (If yes did not work) or install it from Snow (With keyboard) or from Leopard. Thanks for your help.

Matt,

Sorry to butt in but this is an old 3.0.0 version of the Darwin iso, the latest version is 310b6 link below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1495893

This has the latest Fusion 3.1 tools in, the b is for Beta to do with installation under ESXi.

Yeah I have a USB mouse, so should I install it with the keyboard within snow? I also tried PS/2 mouse with no luck. And the DVD driver for VMWare is not working. Also that download link I sent you, is that the correct iso?

You forgot to answer if you used my vmx file?

Try adding this to your vmx to see if your mouse responds:

mouse.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

If not you might have to find a voddops2 driver from the net, that is compatible with snow leopard. I think the iATKOS distro has one that might work, you might snoop around in that cd. Or else search here, someone has probably used one in the past.

I use my laptop, so I didn't have that issue. Let me know if this works.

You forgot to answer if you used my vmx file?

Try adding this to your vmx to see if your mouse responds:

mouse.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

If not you might have to find a voddops2 driver from the net, that is compatible with snow leopard. I think the iATKOS distro has one that might work, you might snoop around in that cd. Or else search here, someone has probably used one in the past.

I use my laptop, so I didn't have that issue. Let me know if this works.

I did use your VMX also the VM thinks that the tools are installed because when i capture the mouse i can go into both operating systems without hitting Alt Ctrl and i can click but the mouse is stuck in the upper left hand corner and all i can click is the apple button.

Let me know your results mate

GREAT NEWS! I managed to install voodoops2 from my Leopard Install and am in Snow now with the mouse working. I am going to continue your guide to make it run smother thank you so much you really have been a great help.

If you wanna update to 10.6.3 or 10.6.4, use the combo updates and in this thread around the last page, Zenith432 the creator created a kernel for those versions, a 10.6.3 and a 10.6.4, make sure to REPLACE the kernel b4 you RESTART, also remove any unwanted kexts that the 2nd thread link I posted tells you to remove:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...9969&st=140

This link is busted, did you paste it correctly or did it get deleted?

Matt,

Sorry to butt in but this is an old 3.0.0 version of the Darwin iso, the latest version is 310b6 link below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1495893

This has the latest Fusion 3.1 tools in, the b is for Beta to do with installation under ESXi.

Thank You

Here you go mate, is 10.6.4 base and should work with 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 update:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1492533

Remember to copy the kernel from the terminal to your root, replacing the vanilla one, make a backup in case you get a vt computer and wanna use vanilla name it like mach_kernel.vanilla1063 or something.

before RESTART!

Before updating/going any further I recommend running this from the MAC OSX CD again so it fixes the "no installer packages found on the drive" in disk utility, it should be where you found the OSInstall.mpkg: (Run it from within your SNOW LEO machine! not the leo machine)

BSD.pkg

Also I have some tips and utilities you can use to hide those core files that are supposed to be hidden, when you click your volume, like the kernel, boot, folders, etc. Let me know if u interested.

Here you go mate, is 10.6.4 base and should work with 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 update:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1492533

Remember to copy the kernel from the terminal to your root, replacing the vanilla one, make a backup in case you get a vt computer and wanna use vanilla name it like mach_kernel.vanilla1063 or something.

before RESTART!

Before updating/going any further I recommend running this from the MAC OSX CD again so it fixes the "no installer packages found on the drive" in disk utility, it should be where you found the OSInstall.mpkg: (Run it from within your SNOW LEO machine! not the leo machine)

BSD.pkg

Also I have some tips and utilities you can use to hide those core files that are supposed to be hidden, when you click your volume, like the kernel, boot, folders, etc. Let me know if u interested.

How do I install 10.6.4 I tried using the software updater and the offline install both times got the guest disabled or what ever and the thing did not install. Like what should I use to install it.Thanks

How do I install 10.6.4 I tried using the software updater and the offline install both times got the guest disabled or what ever and the thing did not install. Like what should I use to install it.Thanks

You should use the combo update to install if you are going from 10.6.0 to 10.6.3. Just google 10.6.3 combo update and a link to apple to download a dmg should appear. Download and it should auto mount.

Did you replace the kernel before restart like I said. Also refer back to the snow kitty guide, the second guide, and remove those unwanted kexts if they reappear. Should be good after that.

Let me know if u are confused.

You should use the combo update to install if you are going from 10.6.0 to 10.6.3. Just google 10.6.3 combo update and a link to apple to download a dmg should appear. Download and it should auto mount.

Did you replace the kernel before restart like I said. Also refer back to the snow kitty guide, the second guide, and remove those unwanted kexts if they reappear. Should be good after that.

Let me know if u are confused.

I have a few questions, first of all how come all Offline installations are slow, and hang, is this normal or bc it is running in a VM.

Also is there any way to get rid of this error without reinstalling the Extension.

post-635796-1279219594_thumb.png

hmm are you using ide or scsi?

If you are using ide, I can help you with a trick to speed things up. Also how fast is your processor? Do you have 2 cores set up?

About the ps2 kext, only thing I can think is that it is incompatible with SL to some degree. Or you installed it incorrectly. How did u install the kext?

hmm are you using ide or scsi?

If you are using ide, I can help you with a trick to speed things up. Also how fast is your processor? Do you have 2 cores set up?

About the ps2 kext, only thing I can think is that it is incompatible with SL to some degree. Or you installed it incorrectly. How did u install the kext?

I am using SCSI, I installed the kext using the installer in Leopard.

I am using SCSI, I installed the kext using the installer in Leopard.

maybe try re installing with kext helper. Downloading kext helper online for snow leopard, then the kext for snow leopard. After that you just drag and drop the kext over kext helper and it should do the rest.

If you wanna try ide to see if it speeds up your system, let me know.

How fast do you notice it just running? How fast is your cpu?

maybe try re installing with kext helper. Downloading kext helper online for snow leopard, then the kext for snow leopard. After that you just drag and drop the kext over kext helper and it should do the rest.

If you wanna try ide to see if it speeds up your system, let me know.

How fast do you notice it just running? How fast is your cpu?

I have no idea what went wrong, but I installed Xcode and every time I boot up it loads menu bar and dock and looks normal but i cannot use the mouse to click on anything. Just move it around it is like everything. And eventually i can use it as normal.

Does your keyboard work?

Try reinstalling the ps2 driver.

Well everything is up and running, even Xcode works, not the smoothest machine but Xcode runs pretty fast and that is all I am really using it for. Thank you so much for all of your help I really appreciate it all and glad to have the newest version of Mac on my PC :( .

Well everything is up and running, even Xcode works, not the smoothest machine but Xcode runs pretty fast and that is all I am really using it for. Thank you so much for all of your help I really appreciate it all and glad to have the newest version of Mac on my PC :) .

No problem mate :)

Good luck on ur programming, remember to take snapshots of the machine b4 making any OS changes.

Post here if you have any questions down the road