Intel® Core™ i7-720QM
6GB DDR3 1333MHz memory
500GB HDD 7200rpm (320GB Toshiba External I used for Snow Leopard installation)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 ( Apple I hate you! )
Atheros Wireless and Atheros LAN
Notes - Couple asked me through PM how to install Snow Leopard so here it is. I did lots of investigation on how to put OS X (10.5 or 10.6) on this laptop so I could continue my iPhone SDK development. I wasn't aware of Apple's not supporting ATI 5xx0 Series GPUs yet! But surely this wouldn't change my mind of buying this laptop as this thing owns everything on Windows.
Final Note - Yes! I didn't try any kexts on this to make, audio and lan work because you know what's the use; without graphics! so there you go guys how to install Snow Leopard on this machine.
Things you need;
- Download EmpireEFI_V1085_AMD_Inteli3i5m.zip
- MAC OSX 10.6 Retail Disc, Also iDeneb 10.5.8 Lite Edition should also work!
- Partition your hard drive with id=af on Windows, or use an external HDD (like me)
- If you running more than 4GB of RAM like me either take the extra RAM out or make sure to type the maxmem command on the installation)
- Burn Empire EFI and boot the laptop from the laptop make sure SATA settings set to AHCI
- On boot up type;
-x -v -x32 maxmem=4096- Format the external HDD or the partition you created on Windows to MAC OS Journaled format, install and reboot
- Reboot with the same Empire EFI disc and commands that you first booted and installed with to continue to installation.
- That's it!
What works upon installation;
- Graphics on vesa mode
- O/S itself runs really fast
- Reboot works (didn't try sleep)
- USB ports (external mouse and keyboard works fine)
- Connecting to an external monitor (which I found weird as my previous laptop didn't without proper kexts)
What doesn't work upon installation;
- Quartz Extreme graphics
- Ethernet LAN