VGA : INTEL GMA X4500

Ram : 2 Gigs

HDD : 500 & 80 Gigs ( Sata )

CPU : Intel Core 2 Due E7500 [MMX,SSE(1,2,3,3S,4.1),EM64T,VT-X]

My problem :

After boot os x86 DVD , Before the Apple logo appears , System restart

What is the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the Guide and every thing worked fine on my Dell D600. The wireless doesent work no matter what you do whether it be Intel 2100 or 2200 b/g wireless. The BroadCom Ethernet works fine as per Guide but the ApplePS2Trackpad stuff didnt worked out for me and it dosent matters much as the default kext is working fine. I aslo used a USB 2.0 full speed patch and a USB mass storage patch and my USB devices worked like charm.This is the best MAC OS X for PC I have ever had my hands on.Thank you for such an informatve and "working" guide.

And I guess the default wireless card in Dell Latitude D600 is Intel Pro 2200 b/g not 2100 as so far all the D600's I have seen had the 2200.But even then the drivers for 2200 b/g wont work so it a good idea either to keep going with the wired option or get "some other" wireless card.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey men. Thx for the guide, but i have a problem.

I try for almost 3 times to install the :P ipc, but when i restart after the installation and appear the gray screen whit the logo of apple, Anything happend. I upload some images for you to help me. I dont know wich version of ipc i use, but i know that the version is the 10.5.6

Thx for attend my msg

This is my flickr. I upload some image of that problem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46165161@N08/...57624067074978/

Tell me what i have to do? :gathering:

Great guide! Recently acquired a D600 with no wireless. Got a Broadcom card from the net for $10.

(I didn't edit the kext as instructed in the guide! The card was recognized by the Mac after install when I went into System Prefs/Networking/Wireless... the chipset on the card is BCM4318)

As I'm new to Macintosh I've still not figured out how to add drivers and things after the main install.

Googling for Video and Mobility 9000 drivers, I found http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...entry1398 - Perhaps this (or even somewhere else, Google brings more results) could be installed to the system? I don't have much tinker time this week as I did over the last, but hope someone else can use/find some direct drivers (and provide some 'how-to' for new bees like me)

Also, regarding the sleep/wake-up issues, mine locks up.

I noticed during the install there were some check boxes for "fixed" sleep/wake voodoo kernel stuff.

Anyone tried those?

How would one install them after the main installation? (No, I've not yet tried the simple "insert the install disc and browse for installer" yet)

I upload some images for you to help me. I dont know wich version of ipc i use, but i know that the version is the 10.5.6

Ok, first, I too am a newbie, and it took 3 times to get it working for me also. I hope these tips help you even though I don't have that much experience.

Second - Make sure you're using the exact version of Mac OS recommended in the guide.

There are several 10.5.6 version available.

Third - Make sure you're following _every_ step from the guide. Of one of the images you've shown, several things of my boot have different messages regarding files/checkboxes the guide specifically mentions.

Fourth - I'm not sure, but several times after I attempted multi boot install, I had to set the Mac OS partition as active and bootable. I would tread lightly since you have a windows partition. They're a bit more fickle than *nix.

I ended up making my Mac partition first, then Linux second and that seems to make it happy. (I don't have a windows partition, just the two Mac and Linux)

Here's the result of my dmesg, you can compare it to your image.

npvhash=4095
hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
rtclock_init: Taking bus ratio path 4 (Intel / Apple)
TSC: Verification of clock speed PASSED.
TSC: Frequency =   1598.597008MHz, FSB frequency =   99.912313MHz, bus ratio = 16
Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Sat Dec  6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
vm_page_bootstrap: 251304 free pages and 10840 wired pages
mig_table_max_displ = 79
Local APIC discovered and enabled
Replacing extension "com.apple.iokit.IOPCCardFamily" with newer version (1.6.4 -> 3.3.0).
Replacing extension "com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily" with newer version (2.5 -> 3.3.0).
warning: skipping personalities in blacklisted kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]
Enabling SSE3 emulator...done.
Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt
calling mpo_policy_init for mb
Seatbelt MACF policy initialized
Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
       The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
Class "AppleACPIPS2Nub" is duplicate
Duplicate class
kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub; destroying kmod
\^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub.
\^[[0mAGP: Found Intel 82855 host to AGP bridge
AGP create nub for AGP Card=4c661002 bus=1 cap=88
mbinit: done
Security auditing service present
BSM auditing present
From path: "uuid", 
Waiting for boot volume with UUID xxxx
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string I
D="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
IOPCCard info:   Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.3.0

Just looking at the differences, I'd guess your missing the proper OS X cd, or missing some step in the guide.

I upload some images for you to help me. I dont know wich version of ipc i use, but i know that the version is the 10.5.6

Ok, first, I too am a newbie, and it took 3 times to get it working for me also. I hope these tips help you even though I don't have that much experience.

Second - Make sure you're using the exact version of Mac OS recommended in the guide.

There are several 10.5.6 version available.

Third - Make sure you're following _every_ step from the guide. Of one of the images you've shown, several things of my boot have different messages regarding files/checkboxes the guide specifically mentions.

Fourth - I'm not sure, but several times after I attempted multi boot install, I had to set the Mac OS partition as active and bootable. I would tread lightly since you have a windows partition. They're a bit more fickle than *nix.

I ended up making my Mac partition first, then Linux second and that seems to make it happy.

Here's the result of my dmesg, you can compare it to your image.

npvhash=4095
hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
rtclock_init: Taking bus ratio path 4 (Intel / Apple)
TSC: Verification of clock speed PASSED.
TSC: Frequency =   1598.597008MHz, FSB frequency =   99.912313MHz, bus ratio = 16
Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Sat Dec  6 19:39:54 IST 2008; Voodoo; Release 1.0 :xnu-1228.7.58/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
vm_page_bootstrap: 251304 free pages and 10840 wired pages
mig_table_max_displ = 79
Local APIC discovered and enabled
Replacing extension "com.apple.iokit.IOPCCardFamily" with newer version (1.6.4 -> 3.3.0).
Replacing extension "com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily" with newer version (2.5 -> 3.3.0).
warning: skipping personalities in blacklisted kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]
Enabling SSE3 emulator...done.
Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt
calling mpo_policy_init for mb
Seatbelt MACF policy initialized
Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
       The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
Class "AppleACPIPS2Nub" is duplicate
Duplicate class
kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub; destroying kmod
\^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub.
\^[[0mAGP: Found Intel 82855 host to AGP bridge
AGP create nub for AGP Card=4c661002 bus=1 cap=88
mbinit: done
Security auditing service present
BSM auditing present
From path: "uuid", 
Waiting for boot volume with UUID xxxx
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string I
D="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
IOPCCard info:   Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.3.0

Just looking at the differences, I'd guess your missing the proper OS X cd, or missing some step in the guide.

• 2 weeks later...

I did what you said and the kernel panic thing happened when I tried that.

I think it is because that is not my card. I cannot tell what card I have. all labels and sticker are faded or gone.

After I install everything how do I connect?

I am a Linux person so I am a little new at this.

Quick question... sorry to interrupt, the kexts you check when customizing the installation, and the ones you overwrite once installed, are those exclusive for the D600? or do you have to do that on any pc?

I have it on a sony vaio and having some problems, and i saw your guide so well explained, i was willing yo give it a try :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i got this working straight off the bat - still can't believe i have os 10.5.6 running on a dell d600. hilarious. my wife thinks i'm insane but you get that. i have to get the onboard broadcom wired ethernet running as thats currently not happening but thats OK, one thing at a time

thankyou very much for the guide to do this

namaste

Okkkkk

First of all, thanksss for the guide!! Best one I have seen so far for the D600.

So, since the wireless isn't working for any intel card, I have to use the wired option, which isnt such a bad idea because my d600 cant last 10 seconds without its power cable, and Im broke...

But there isnt a kext for ethernet, which is the broadcom 5701 card. so i got the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext but i dont kno how to install it...

will anyone help me with the installation of the kext?

thanks in advance

any games i try to run and a few programs do not function properly is there a reason why i have tested these games and programs on a real mac but these don't seem to work on the hackintosh

:)

Okkkkk

First of all, thanksss for the guide!! Best one I have seen so far for the D600.

So, since the wireless isn't working for any intel card, I have to use the wired option, which isnt such a bad idea because my d600 cant last 10 seconds without its power cable, and Im broke...

But there isnt a kext for ethernet, which is the broadcom 5701 card. so i got the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext but i dont kno how to install it...

will anyone help me with the installation of the kext?

thanks in advance

i think you go to system/library/extensions/ and there will be these lego block things and a lot of other stuff

drag the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext into the area and overwrite the previous one

any games i try to run and a few programs do not function properly is there a reason why i have tested these games and programs on a real mac but these don't seem to work on the hackintosh

:queen:

i think you go to system/library/extensions/ and there will be these lego block things and a lot of other stuff

drag the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext into the area and overwrite the previous one

ok so i did what you said, but i put it in system/library/extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

I rebooted, and it showed the kext was installed improperly and cannot be used

it also says to please try reinstalling it or contact the products vendor for an update.

I think i need to type some commands in the terminal but I dont know which commands.

EDIT: i should probably try to put it in system/library/extensions/ and not go any further than that

EDIT 2: thanks its working now... i needed to do what tyler said and i needed to write some commands in terminal to get it working

what card are u using, an intel wireless card or a broadcom card?

DO NOT INSTALL THE kext. for the intel chip in the preperation section of the instructions your computer crashes (kenel panic) and wont boot up forever.........unless you use the disk u made erase and reinstall

since you have the intel card it won't work (i had problems but i have wi-fi working now)

buy a broadcom card they are quite cheap on ebay but don't order from china,hong kong, taiwan (even if the price is real low.) i bought one and the place the wire connects to the chip was broken :) but a little tape fixed it :rolleyes:

broadcom wi fi chips are like $5 on eBay

but never turn off the wi-fi with fn+f2 it won't turn back of without a reboot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I've tried a few time to install Mac OSx 10.5.6 on a Dell Latitude D600 using different DVD's (version PPF5 & PPF6) I've downloaded from Internet. I followed the instructions on page 1, Install starts normally but after a few minutes I'm getting the message:

"Install Failed, Mac OS couldn't be installed on you computer.

The install could not install some files in "/volumes/MacDisk1". Contact the Software....

Click restart ... and try again..."

I've tried a few times but I can't go further this point

Is it the DVD fault? if is where can I find a working one?

Can somebody help please?

Best regards

S.A.