Dell Inspiron 10.5.6 XxX

1 post in this topic

Hi guys, I downloaded the XxX distro of 10.5.6 cause I heard it supports a motherboard I have in an AMD computer, Anyways that is besides the point.

I gave up on the AMD computer cause it's not the fastest computer in the house so I figured it would rather be better suited with Ubuntu or XP

However I also have a new Dell Inspiron Slim 537s I think Whatever the model is it doesnt really matter I know the specs

I have my XxX image set up on the VMware machine as to boot from the iso. with 2gb of ram dedicated to it. and 2 cores on the CPU but it keeps booting from the cd and saying Loading Darwin/X86 then it flashes to the grey apple screen then reboots and does it all over again.

PC Specs are

Intel Core 2 Duo

3GB ram

Ati 4530 (or something like that)

500GB HDD probably SATA

I am using Vmware 7.0 I dont want to install natively cause I don't feel like messing with partitions etc. and it just keeps it more contained with Vmware. if I don't want it anymore I can just delete it..instead of fixing all the other partitions and boot loaders etc. Anyways thanks for the help in advance seems like I am just missing a boot flag. the rebooting happens too soon for -v to work or show me anything. I have also tried cpus=1 and that didn't work.