Asus m4n78 pro with AMD processor install

snoopdogg49r

4 posts in this topic

I feel bad asking for help with all the help I've gotten from these forums but I have been working on trying to get my hackintosh desktop for so long and have almost given up. I got Iatkosv7 up and running on my dell intel laptop so easily but the AMD is a lot more of a challenge. I can't find my motherboard in the database or the wiki and have tried about 10 distros and have got just one to install with no network, sound, etc in safe mode. I'm thinking its my motherboard, has anyone has success with this one? Thanks to all who contribute this is such an incredible operation!!!

Specs:

2.4ghz quadcore amd phenom x4 9750

asus m4n78pro mobo

8gb ozc ram

1 tb internal

1 tb external

LG DVD-RW

iPC10.5.6 has the little circle with the cross through it

iatkosv7 kernel errors

ideneb1.4 gets to the white screen and the circle keeps spinning

Mac4all - no luck

Leo4all - I think this is the one I can get into safe mode with after using -s to skip the loop but I have tried using kexts for networking and I can't seem to get any to work.

Kalyway - no luck

• 6 months later...
I feel bad asking for help with all the help I've gotten from these forums but I have been working on trying to get my hackintosh desktop for so long and have almost given up. I got Iatkosv7 up and running on my dell intel laptop so easily but the AMD is a lot more of a challenge. I can't find my motherboard in the database or the wiki and have tried about 10 distros and have got just one to install with no network, sound, etc in safe mode. I'm thinking its my motherboard, has anyone has success with this one? Thanks to all who contribute this is such an incredible operation!!!

Specs:

2.4ghz quadcore amd phenom x4 9750

asus m4n78pro mobo

8gb ozc ram

1 tb internal

1 tb external

LG DVD-RW

iPC10.5.6 has the little circle with the cross through it

iatkosv7 kernel errors

ideneb1.4 gets to the white screen and the circle keeps spinning

Mac4all - no luck

Leo4all - I think this is the one I can get into safe mode with after using -s to skip the loop but I have tried using kexts for networking and I can't seem to get any to work.

Kalyway - no luck

I have the same board, and have just managed to install Mac OXS!!!!

Use iDeneb 1.6 (lite edition), and an external (USB) DVD drive, or internal IDE (seriously, who uses those any more?).

Sound does not work, use the seatbelt fix, Voodoo kernel, NVidia inject 512 (for integrated graphics, if you use card, the 512 fir example is the graphics memory size).

I also have this board, I have tried iDebeb v1.6 edition. For me the best I have been able to get is to get it to boot to a gray screen with a mouse pointer and that's booting with -x otherwise it just locks up on the apple logo. I am attempting the install again, this time with no extra drivers loaded and I am going to see what I get. Anyone have any suggestions?

Same board, PhenomII 720, 2gigs of ram, Sata HDD, IDE DVDRW, Radeon 4850, i use AHCI.

I tried:

-Snow Leopard by Hazard (10.6.0->10.6.2). C

Can't boot the dvd, installed fine in VMWare.

-iDeneb v1.5 10.5.7.

Same as the other, can't boot dvd.

-iAtkos v7.

Dvd boots

Can choose previously formatted partition(if it's not in HFS i cannot modify it)

Can customize install.

When it starts the installing, no progress. No dvd activity.

I got a kalyway 10.5.2 that i tried for my old P4, but it just restarts when it tries to boot the dvd. Maybe intel only.-