GA-P55-UD4 + i7 860 + Snow Leopard

rhayne5

5 posts in this topic

Please help me with my P55 mobo install!

Just Purchased:

Retail Snow Leopard

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4

CPU - i7 860

intel SSD 80 gig

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

Corsair 650TX power supply

Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler

I've been doing some reading and it looks like there has been success installing vanilla 10.6.2 running on core i5 on gigabyte ga-p55-ud3 does this same install apply to my board?

Am I able to make my system work? Where do I start? I am quite confused as to what to download first. I have an old G4 to work from and download the files I might need.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Just Purchased:

Retail Snow Leopard

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4

CPU - i7 860

intel SSD 80 gig

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

I've been doing some reading and it looks like there has been success installing vanilla 10.6.2 running on core i5 on gigabyte ga-p55-ud3 does this same install apply to my board?

Am I able to make my system work? Where do I start? I am quite confused as to what to download first. I have an old G4 to work from and download the files I might need.

There is a great thread in the Buying Advice section, also check my signature for some P55 info! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just Purchased:

Retail Snow Leopard

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4

CPU - i7 860

intel SSD 80 gig

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

I have a UD4P and I have it working...

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever get this system working with Snow Leopard?

I'm very interested in putting an HD 5770 in my new Hackintosh and I'd like to see what luck (if any) people have had.

My understanding is that the 5000 series Radeon cards are not yet supported in OS X. I'm wondering when to expect drivers for these cards, or if any one out there has gotten any sort of usable display out of one of these.