Need Help! JAS 10.4.8 installed on a D630

dailyinspirit

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys... Thanks for any help.

I have tried a Dual Boot project; Vista business and Mac OS X( JAS 10.4.8). I am new to Mac and having problems interpreting the forums as terminology and tips are given.

My system is Dell Latitude d630, 2 gb ram, intel core 2 duo T7250 2GHZ, SATA 160 GB HDD.

I partitioned the drive with vista and installed in the first partition then installed JAS 10.4.8 in the second partition. After several attempts OS X installed and appeared to be working; no keyboard or touch pad, no sound; video and wireless worked; no lan; usb ports worked; using usb keyboard and mouse. Finally decided to shut down and reboot :P

Now, this is where I am stuck. When I cold boot the unit the apple page displays; then a blue screen; than a black screen; no video. The HD light continues to flash as if the system is booting but I can see anything. I attached an external monitor. The video transfers to the external monitor. It displays the background and two untitled folders ;) The mouse pointer is active and that it... nothing.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I should try next other than reinstalling JAS 10.4.8? Much appreciated.

dailyinspirit

• 7 months later...
Hi Guys... Thanks for any help.

I have tried a Dual Boot project; Vista business and Mac OS X( JAS 10.4.8). I am new to Mac and having problems interpreting the forums as terminology and tips are given.

My system is Dell Latitude d630, 2 gb ram, intel core 2 duo T7250 2GHZ, SATA 160 GB HDD.

I partitioned the drive with vista and installed in the first partition then installed JAS 10.4.8 in the second partition. After several attempts OS X installed and appeared to be working; no keyboard or touch pad, no sound; video and wireless worked; no lan; usb ports worked; using usb keyboard and mouse. Finally decided to shut down and reboot :)

Now, this is where I am stuck. When I cold boot the unit the apple page displays; then a blue screen; than a black screen; no video. The HD light continues to flash as if the system is booting but I can see anything. I attached an external monitor. The video transfers to the external monitor. It displays the background and two untitled folders ;) The mouse pointer is active and that it... nothing.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I should try next other than reinstalling JAS 10.4.8? Much appreciated.

dailyinspirit

Could not get this to work. Decided to go back to drawing board do more research and try another version: Iatkos V7:

Gateway Laptop: Model 6020GZ

CPU: AMD Turion64 1.4Ghz

Memory: 1GB

Video: ATI Raedon Xpress 200m

HDD 40GB IDE

Optical: CDW/DVD TS-L462A

After numerous installs I got it to work: Sound; LAN; Wireless; Video - OK Display Resolution: only 1024 x 768; USB keyboard / mouse; power; Display has bad backlight so i attached external 17" wide screen monitor. Work great. I will post setup under leopard forum.

Anyone has driver for ATI Raedeon Xpress 200m;