VMware and Leopard Probs

1 post in this topic

Hey Guys (Donk),

this is my first post, I'll try to provide my best english, you have got to know I'm from Germany :(

So my problem is the following:

My intention is to install Mac OS Leopard on my new Dell XPS Studio 16 Laptop, so I can use PwnageTool for iPhone and some other tools that I like.

So I installed VMware Workstation 6.5 few days ago. First I found the JaS Iso for Intel and AMD. This worked fine, but version 10.4.8 Mac OS X wasn't able to install the right version of iTunes.

So I tried several Iso's I found in Use- and Internet, none of them were installable for me.

Today I had the idea to upgrade VMware to the Beta 7 version of Workstation. With that Beta, I was able to install two of the ISO's I downloaded. But after restart of the VM there was something like a red cross at the grey apple boot logo (iAtkos v7) or I got the ,,nice" Kernel stack fault error. So I tried JaS OSx86 Intel SSE 2 SSE 3 Iso, with this the installation works without any problem, but after restart I got the next error : CPU has been disabled and Apple forced me to reboot and reboot and reboot...

I also tried things like changing Darwin Boot options -v, -f, -s, busratio=7 cpus=1...Nothing helped me out of this situation.

My last chance is to get help from you. So I'll give you informations about my Dell:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 @ 2800 MHz

MoBo: Dell

Chipset: PM 45 ICH9-M

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

RAM: 4096 MB

The distributions I used are:

Kalyway 10.5.2 OSX Intel AMD

JaSosx 10.5.6 Intel SSE 2 SSE 3

iATKOS v7 10.5.7

JaS OSx86 10.5.6 for NC10 by Mysticus (I know this is for NC, but I thought I should give it a try)

So I really need some help from you. If you need some further information, don't be scared to ask me =)

Martin