Asus P5K: DSDT - GFX, HDEF and sleep not working

Jaru

2 posts in this topic

Hello Friends,

I have an Asus P5K Motherboard - ICH9 (not R).

After a lot of reading and trying I was able to install Snow Leopard on my computer.

For now graphics card (Geforce 8800GT, 512MB) is working with EFI string (QE enabled). Sound card (ALC883) is working with VoodooHDA. I also have generated and patched DSDT.

Sleep is still not working - after sleep graphics card fan is still working and computer doesn't wake up (LCD display stays inactive). I have to reboot the computer using reset button.

Sometimes, although rarely USB keyboard and mouse is not being activated (I have to disconnect and connect USB cable again to make it working). Any ideas why?

I want to make graphics and sound cards working using DSDT. I have already put necessary sections into the DSDT.dsl but it doesn't work. Can someone please take a look on my DSDT file and tell me what is wrong with it?

Is there any hack to make sleep and wake-up working correctly?

Kexts I'm currently using:

AHCIPortInjector.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Framebuffer_Disabler.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

fakesmc.kext

Thanks in advance!

DSDT.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Friends,

I have an Asus P5K Motherboard - ICH9 (not R).

After a lot of reading and trying I was able to install Snow Leopard on my computer.

For now graphics card (Geforce 8800GT, 512MB) is working with EFI string (QE enabled). Sound card (ALC883) is working with VoodooHDA. I also have generated and patched DSDT.

Sleep is still not working - after sleep graphics card fan is still working and computer doesn't wake up (LCD display stays inactive). I have to reboot the computer using reset button.

Sometimes, although rarely USB keyboard and mouse is not being activated (I have to disconnect and connect USB cable again to make it working). Any ideas why?

I want to make graphics and sound cards working using DSDT. I have already put necessary sections into the DSDT.dsl but it doesn't work. Can someone please take a look on my DSDT file and tell me what is wrong with it?

Is there any hack to make sleep and wake-up working correctly?

Kexts I'm currently using:

AHCIPortInjector.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Framebuffer_Disabler.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

fakesmc.kext

Thanks in advance!

I have a P5K Deluxe Wifi A/P. Which version of the P5k do you have? Also, which version of OS X are you using? I had sleep working fine on 10.5.6 without needing to disable AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, although as others have said, the CPU runs about 10deg Celsius hotter if that extension's not disabled... OS X 10.5.8 is a different story. Still trying to get sleep running with 10.5.8.

The USB issue you describe—are you talking about at POST (when the BIOS is displaying text messages, before your bootloader takes over) or once you're in OS X? the POST stalling at "initializing USB devices" is a known problem with P5K mobos, depending on which BIOS you're using...