ASUS P7P55D Deluxe running snow leopard, has any one tried it

71 posts in this topic

For some reason I don't have sound at all on any of my os'es (windows 7, solaris, osx), reinstalling drivers did not work :-(

i had the same problem just turn your computer off and then plug it out of the electric socket or turn ur power supply unit off and then on this must help

I just tried that before you posted this ;-) It works, seems somewhat less louder than usual though.

Also seems that my network does not work, will reload the realtek kext.

check ur network system preferences if the location is automatic try to add a new location sometimes it helps

Hi to all on this thread,

I arrange my osx snow leopard image on my usb key, I also installed myhack installer. I'm now stucked on at step 12-13 and 14 from dgeordgy21's guide (by the way Thanks a lot it's really appreciated) .

Could someone explain to me what I exactly have to do at steps 12-13 and 14 since I'm really not used with hackintoshes installs. At least could someone give me a link where to look at in order to understand what I have to do?

Thanks in advance

Step 12. Open Terminal (Finder>Applications>utilities and then run terminal) or tap "terminal" in spotlight its in the right corner of the top. then write:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true

press return and log out or restart finder (apple menu>force quit>finder)

now you can see the hidden files this step you need to see the hidden files on your usb installation drive.

Step 13. Download the 2 files from myhack copy that and replace that in this path (finder>your macintosh drive>system)

/System/Installation/Packages/

Step 14. is the same as 13 but you have to put or replace the OSINstall file in this path (finder>your macintosh drive>system....)

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/

then download PFIX run it and type the path of your macintosh drive example

Enter the target volume or press enter for default [/]: /

press enter.

I loaded the wrong realtek.kext file earlier. Works fine now :-) Although sound is not working, maybe I will reload the .kext file. In the prefpane I see unknown for my speaker output, any clues ?

Anyway everything else works perfect !

Handbrake is eating 8 threads away at the moment encoding video :-)

thanks all so far for all your help, I can now run osx on my i7-860 as well as on my original macs (3).

Hey guys, here is my setup:

i5 750

Asus p7p55d

8gb ram

nvidia 9500gt

Bios:

All sata set to AHCI in bios

Disabled sound and network (i disabled these after getting multiple kernel panics and still to no avails.)

I used myHack installer http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/ and this version: myHack_installer_1.0_RC4.1_r55.mpkg.zip with chocolate kernel. Created the bootable usb stick as described on the tutorial with SL 10.6 retail dvd.

For the life of me, i can't figure out what the problem is.

If I boot without any options or with combination of following options:

maxmem=4096

cpus=1

-v

-x

I would get this kernel panic screen:

4160289605_21ac6da169_b.jpg

If, however, I boot with -f with any other combination, i would get this kernel panic screen with pmap_steal_memory messg:

4160337533_6ebd7249bb_b.jpg

can someone help??

I'm not sure if this will be any help, but: I kept getting kernel panics when trying to use my USB stick with GUID partitioning. As soon as I changed it to MBR, it worked.

i will give this a try and report back. and yes, i did create mine using GUID partioning.

Are you definitely using the chocolate kernel? (Click "customize" when installing myHack.)

Yup, it's checked. I even tried specifically typing in "chocolate_kernel maxmem=4096 -v -f" at the boot screen. Btw, using "-f" option will now NOT render the "pmap_steal_memory" message. It is showing the "kernel trap at...... " mesg much like the 1st screenshot i posted.

check ur network system preferences if the location is automatic try to add a new location sometimes it helps

Step 12. Open Terminal (Finder>Applications>utilities and then run terminal) or tap "terminal" in spotlight its in the right corner of the top. then write:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true

press return and log out or restart finder (apple menu>force quit>finder)

now you can see the hidden files this step you need to see the hidden files on your usb installation drive.

Step 13. Download the 2 files from myhack copy that and replace that in this path (finder>your macintosh drive>system)

/System/Installation/Packages/

Step 14. is the same as 13 but you have to put or replace the OSINstall file in this path (finder>your macintosh drive>system....)

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/

then download PFIX run it and type the path of your macintosh drive example

Enter the target volume or press enter for default [/]: /

press enter.

Thanks a lot alex,

it's clearer for me now

Is anyone else getting some kind of speed problem? For me, the clock keeps running too fast, sound is becoming distorted and movie files are playing way to fast (in VLC).

I'm running an i5, with 10.6.2. I've also disabled SpeedStep but this didn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Completely powered off my system, restarted, installed original voodoHDA.kext from dgeorgdy21

rebooted and voila, I have squeeky sound.

better than nothing .....

I loaded the wrong realtek.kext file earlier. Works fine now :-) Although sound is not working, maybe I will reload the .kext file. In the prefpane I see unknown for my speaker output, any clues ?

Anyway everything else works perfect !

Handbrake is eating 8 threads away at the moment encoding video :-)

thanks all so far for all your help, I can now run osx on my i7-860 as well as on my original macs (3).

What bios version are you on ? I am running 1102 on my p7p55d with an I7-860 and 8gb of ram.

It all worked for me after I had access to dgeorgdy21's additional file so I could upgrade to 10.6.2.

Installing 10.6 was never a problem for me ....

Hey guys, here is my setup:

i5 750

Asus p7p55d

8gb ram

nvidia 9500gt

Bios:

All sata set to AHCI in bios

Disabled sound and network (i disabled these after getting multiple kernel panics and still to no avails.)

I used myHack installer http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/ and this version: myHack_installer_1.0_RC4.1_r55.mpkg.zip with chocolate kernel. Created the bootable usb stick as described on the tutorial with SL 10.6 retail dvd.

For the life of me, i can't figure out what the problem is.

If I boot without any options or with combination of following options:

maxmem=4096

cpus=1

-v

-x

I would get this kernel panic screen:

4160289605_21ac6da169_b.jpg

If, however, I boot with -f with any other combination, i would get this kernel panic screen with pmap_steal_memory messg:

4160337533_6ebd7249bb_b.jpg

can someone help??

I just used Tonymac's alternate hard drive install of 10.6.2 64 bit on an Asus P7P55D Deluxe with an i7 860 and GeForce 8400 and it worked the first time, albeit missing sound, ethernet, wireless, and PS2 Keyboard support.

I have been looking around for a good motherboard for a i5 750, I plan on over clocking it just a little bit and found a awesome motherboard that will allow me to do this with ease. ASUS P7P55D Deluxe, looks like a awesome motherboard is anyone using this main board in snowleopard or leopard?

Also is there a list of approved i5/i7 mainboards that work with snow leopard. If there is not I think that would be a awesome addition to the forum.

If you have any suggestions on other i5 core motherboards that have great compatibility with snow leopard that would be great.

-wadeo

When you upgraded to 10.6.2 you do not need to anymore :censored2: .

I run it with 8Gb without any problems.

Is it posible to boot this configuration without having to type in "maxmem=4096" every time you start up? Otherwise this seems to good so far, thanks for the guide!

Hello, thank you for the feedback!

I appreciate! I installed the SL Server with the method "/ Volumes / Mac OS X Install DVD / System / Installation / Packages / OSInstall.mpkg"

followed by the 10.6.2 update combo.

If you have the invalid key error, check you have installed a kext for the network!

I have not found a good kext for the network, but it seems to work... Thank you for posting the kext that will work on SLserver!

i did some benchmarks with geekbench for mac os x and windows 7 32bit.

on windows 7 i have 8905 points

i did some benchmarks with geekbench for mac os x and windows 7 32bit.

on windows 7 32bit i have 8905 points on mac os 5684 points... and sound still rustling...

Hello, thank you for the feedback!

I appreciate! I installed the SL Server with the method "/ Volumes / Mac OS X Install DVD / System / Installation / Packages / OSInstall.mpkg"

followed by the 10.6.2 update combo.

If you have the invalid key error, check you have installed a kext for the network!

I have not found a good kext for the network, but it seems to work... Thank you for posting the kext that will work on SLserver!

Hy there! Thanks for you posts... i'm really considering a p7p55d to build my hackintosh. There's just a point i need to know... is the audio stable? And what about the firewire port... is it working? (anyone got it working | tested it?)

Thanks in advance!

PS

Hi I haven't done the installation yet. I think I will have to wait on my christams holidays. For the sound card I'll use my lynx L22 card. I've heard that the drivers from lynx will function with snowleopard. I'll keep you posted

Hello!

Does anyone found a real solution for the sound card?