Dell XPS 1530 (CPU: T9300, GPU: Nvidia 8600m)

rb2k

4 posts in this topic

Since there are SO many different Threads about Dell Laptops in general although they allow for heavy customization and have different internals. That's why I decided to create one for a single specific model (the xps 1530 with the T9300 CPU (2.53 Ghz, 6 mb cache) and the nvidia 8600m gpu).

I installed (chameleon rc3, netkas smc emulation, vanilla snow leopard dvd) snow leo and I am kinda happy with it so far.

I was able to get the sound working by using a fixed intel hda kext for the sigmatel chipset

I've got a few different questions however:

1. Does anybody have a DSDT for my specific XPS Model (t9300 CPU, 8600m gpu)? (or is running the dsdt patcher enough to create a proper one?)

2. Did anybody manage to get speedstep working? (if yes: how?)

3. Did anybody manage to get touchpad scrolling working? (if yes: how?)

4. Did anybody manage to get restart/shutdown working (if yes: how?)

5. Did anybody fix the 00:11:22:33:44 MAC Address that somehow pops up for the marvel yukon ethernet adapter? (I tried the fix that included hex-editing the kext, didn't change anything for me so far... maybe I just edited the wrong file?)

6. Is there any way of getting my "regular" keyboard layout (e.g. the @ sign) mapped to the osx one?

Besides those things, Snow Leopard is running fine for me :)

About the only difference between most M1530 laptops is the processor, hard disk and screen size in llity.

The only specific thing that is different with the DSDT is the pstate information used for speedstep, that is the _PSS tables. I've posted my DSDT in several spots and can do here if needed. It is still a work in progress as I really want to get cstates working, although I'm pretty much stuck and also light on time at the moment.

So;

1. Yes my DSDT which is an adaptation of others is for a 8600M GT and T9300.

2. Yes, via the _PSS entries in the DSDT.

3. Apparently with VoodooPS2, although I'm still using a modified PS2 that doesn't recognize my trackpad as a touchpad.

4. No, and this seems to be a big issue with the nvidia injection, in order to get the hardware acceleration and the real driver loaded. Once this has been done shutdown and restart no longer work.

5. No again, I also edited the AppleYukon2 file with a hex editor and it didn't take, not like on the Leopard installations... I've put that well and truly on the back burner at the moment.

6. Not sure what the problem is, all my keys (with the exception of the media keys at the top) work as they should.

And for me the addition is:

7. Cstates, getting rid of the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized errors.

What extra kexts are you using? Here is a list of the ones I have loaded from /Extra/Extensions/

post-437386-1253958754_thumb.png

Cheers,

Brett

ad 6 (keyboard): It might be my german layout then... the brackets e.g. are on different keys using different modifiers, umlauts work though, so I only get pissed off while coding)

At the moment I use:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

VoodooTSCSync.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

VoodooBattery.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

To be honest, I just took them from preboot.dmg from the superhai dell test boot cd image. I f'ed something up while experimenting and that was basically what I still had left on my HDD :)

I'd actually like it if you could post your DSDT, otherwise it ends up as a big "I used his dsdt" and a 10 minute search for the most current one :)

yay, got the (2 finger!) scrolling part working.

I had to put the matching voodoops2controller with a proper kext for the alps touchpad in the /S/L/E directory though, having it in /Extra/Extentions didn't work (maybe those were permission issues... I don't know)