aspire one on external display

rrclimber

3 posts in this topic

Hi i have ideneb 10.5.6 installed on my acer aspire one. It set up to dual boot with windows 7 and I have 20gb partion that I am using as a shared drive for both OS's. Everything is installed and working well but last night I decided to go to staples and buy a 19" widescreen monitor.

I can get the mac OS to display on the monitor using the Mirror setting but it is not taking up the whole screen I have black space on the top and bottom like it is letterboxed. Is there a way to make it take up the entire screen? I am asssuming that this is a limitation issue with the aspire and it's display size but I figured I would ask anyway.

Please bear with me. I am total noob with the Mac OS.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi i have ideneb 10.5.6 installed on my acer aspire one. It set up to dual boot with windows 7 and I have 20gb partion that I am using as a shared drive for both OS's. Everything is installed and working well but last night I decided to go to staples and buy a 19" widescreen monitor.

I can get the mac OS to display on the monitor using the Mirror setting but it is not taking up the whole screen I have black space on the top and bottom like it is letterboxed. Is there a way to make it take up the entire screen? I am asssuming that this is a limitation issue with the aspire and it's display size but I figured I would ask anyway.

Please bear with me. I am total noob with the Mac OS.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ok so I got home from work today and finally had a chance to boot up to my windows 7 partition with new screen attached. At first it didn't work any better then the mac OS but then I found an updated driver for the intel 945 express chipset on the intel website and I know have the acer displaying perfectly on my 19" widescreen monitor. So that means it is not a limitation of the Acer this is Mac issue. Is there anyone that can walk me through the basics here? Maybe I am missing something? I am enjoying the mac os but not being able to output full screen is a bummer. Is this simply a driver issue?

ok, I got it to display in full screen on my external display. I changed it from mirror to extended mode and made the external monitor the default. This works and alllows me to get a full screen display. I still have the acer's display set up like it is in dual monitor though. Is there a way to completely turn off the acer display? I can live with it the way that it is but I prefer perfect if I can get it. lol.