SL install with Chameleon R3 success!

Froboz

1 post in this topic

:) After an arduous Labor day weekend, during which I jammed my had with as much new OSx86 knowledge as I could squeeze in there, I finally have a working Retail 10.6 Snow Leopard install.

There are some really good guides in here, and I've read them all and then some plus most of the related posts. It's been quite an education. Two days ago I could barely spell kext and today I feel like I could write an install guide.

The guides are great and I bow humbly before them in gratitude. As good as they are, they assume you know a few things or that what worked for them will probably work for you. More often than not though, you get jammed up on something and have to start digging and experimenting.

That's cool though, I'm a curious and patient guy, so I slogged through many afternoon hours, late nights, and early mornings hunched over my computer muttering to myself.

Many thanks to the guide posters and others who contribute so much to this community. Here are just a few of the folks that make it possible for us to own a Macintosh through sweat equity :D

Tamás KOSÁRSZKY, Kabyl, Netkas, MACInized. Doom42, ricola, Dr. Hurt, and many other.

I even have sound and can dual boot 10.5 and 10.6! Woot!