• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

stands2reason

stands2reason

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, everyone. My mac isn't currently running OSX, and I don't have the original install DVDs. Since I've had absolutely no luck burning images of them to DVDs, I decided instead to simply burn it to a partition. I used this method of mounting the HFS+ section of the hybrid ISO, then burned it to a hard drive partition with dd. But when I boot, the one hard drive is the only option, which takes me to the GRUB boot loader. I tried adding the Install partition to GRUB, but it gives an error 11 "invalid or unsupported executable format". Can someone help boot into the OSX installer?

freechelmi

freechelmi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello, everyone. My mac isn't currently running OSX, and I don't have the original install DVDs. Since I've had absolutely no luck burning images of them to DVDs, I decided instead to simply burn it to a partition.

hello I try to do exactly the same. telling Grub to load the Installer Partition. Did you find any tricks since ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy