My Hackintosh reports the wrong CPU speed!

Flagcarrier

5 posts in this topic

It took me an embarrassingly long time to notice, but it seems that my Hackintosh thinks that I'm running a 1.43 GHz processor, when in truth it's a 2.8. Is there any way that I can benchmark this computer so that I can know if it's actually capped at 1.43? And if it turns out to be, what suggestions might you guys have?

It took me an embarrassingly long time to notice, but it seems that my Hackintosh thinks that I'm running a 1.43 GHz processor, when in truth it's a 2.8. Is there any way that I can benchmark this computer so that I can know if it's actually capped at 1.43? And if it turns out to be, what suggestions might you guys have?

I understand it is just a "cosmetic" thing.

This is very known and there is a method to change it (one of them is usign OSX86Tools and the other is using TextEdit to edit a file), but it does just change the label.

I remember my Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 showed up as "2,4GHz Unknown", then I changed it to its real name, then (I notice now) after a long time and maybe caused by an update, it shows "3,4GHz Unknown", weird :)

Rodrigo

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, i have been having a problem with my Hackintosh reporting my Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, (which is normally 1.86 Ghz but i overclocked to 2.8 Ghz) as 3.8 Ghz no matter what the actual CPU speed is and no matter what application i use to mesure CPU speed i have tried CPU-X, About this Mac, and System Profiler and they all say 3.8.

In addition to this, I have 2Gb of 1066 Mhz Crucial RAM which is always being reported as 667, I have tried everything in the above paragraph for RAM and none of those work either. I know the CPU speed is a cosmetic problem and not an actual hardware problem but i suspect my RAM may be running at 667 Mhz. Any help is greatly appreicated in advance.