AtiX1600 problem with resolution

Guest cmad

6 posts in this topic

Guest cmad

Hello. I have acer aspire 5673wlmi with atiradeon x1600 128mb up to 512.i installed mac with ideneb 10.5.6 succesfully.The problem is that QE and HA are enabled but i cant change the resolution. It works only 1024x768.I tried everything, edid my plist in ATIinject.kext,used atix1600mobilepack and others .can someone PLEASE help?Thanks in advance. :laser: Forgot to say i have0x71c5 vendor id1002

Hello. I have acer aspire 5673wlmi with atiradeon x1600 128mb up to 512.i installed mac with ideneb 10.5.6 succesfully.The problem is that QE and HA are enabled but i cant change the resolution. It works only 1024x768.I tried everything, edid my plist in ATIinject.kext,used atix1600mobilepack and others .can someone PLEASE help?Thanks in advance. :laser: Forgot to say i have0x71c5 vendor id1002

You need a ATINDRV.kext from Tiger (version 1.4.32 works fine here), it's not that hard find it on this forum or elsewhere on internet. And send me the Info.plist you used for ATIinject.kext, I'll check if you haven't missed something.

Guest cmad
You need a ATINDRV.kext from Tiger (version 1.4.32 works fine here), it's not that hard find it on this forum or elsewhere on internet. And send me the Info.plist you used for ATIinject.kext, I'll check if you haven't missed something.

This is my info plist after edid{photo}

I didnt find the ATINDRV.kext from Tiger.do u know where i can download it?

can u please tell me all the instuctions, commands in terminal? ;)

post-347608-1242249369_thumb.png

post-347608-1242249403_thumb.png

your plist seems to be good. Just be sure you've put your EDID in LVDS,EDID for your internal panel, not in DFP.

I attached the ATINDRV.kext I use. It works fine here with 10.5.7 with my X1900 Mobility, so it would be ok for your X1600.

To use it install it with Kexthelper (this one only need google to be found) and reboot.

Tell me if you still have trouble.

ATINDRV.kext.zip

Guest cmad
your plist seems to be good. Just be sure you've put your EDID in LVDS,EDID for your internal panel, not in DFP.

I attached the ATINDRV.kext I use. It works fine here with 10.5.7 with my X1900 Mobility, so it would be ok for your X1600.

To use it install it with Kexthelper (this one only need google to be found) and reboot.

Tell me if you still have trouble.

thank u very much. Using your kext with mine and some by the name ATIkexts.zip imanaged to have resolution!!!! Do u know why my vlc player has audio but black screen?Can i update to 10.5.7? You are so helpful.

To upgrade to 10.5.7, do upgrade as described by netkas on is blog. But, you'll have to backup your ATI* kexts first, do the upgrade, then reinstall the backup ATI* kexts before rebooting.

You should even backup the whole Extension folder. Doing so you'll be able to get whatever might be broken back (particularly if you use the Voodoo kernel, you'll have to reinstall System.kext and seatbelt.kext).

About your black screen in VLC, I don't know, I never had this problem. You can try to install the Perian plugin to open almost any video in Quicktime or use NicePlayer which is quite good too.