Which SMBIOS? iPC 10.5.6 - After successful install and reboot, grey Apple screen hangs

DjNels

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I successfully installed OS X 10.5.6 iPC on my Gateway MX6030

Here is my CPU-Z report: http://pastebin.com/m53310c32

What SMBIOS patch should I select?

After it installed and rebooted, it just hangs on the grey Apple logo screen with the spinning indicator. There is no harddrive or DVD drive activity.

I installed with the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel and these drivers

LaptopDisplay

Conexant HiDef Audio

Broadcom Driver (wireless)

Thanks in advance! ;)

Dj

The SMBIOS patch is not required for the system to boot.

If you really really want to install one, just select one that matches your memory speed the closest, and if you're on a laptop select a macbook smbios...if you're on a desktop system select an imac or macpro SMBIOS..

If not - when you're done installing, install the Chameleon 2.0 bootloader and use smbios.plist in /extra, like this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1124377

Yes, I got it installed with these options:

9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Intel ICHx SATA Drivers (chipset)

Conexant HiDef Audio

Broadcom Drivers

ACPI Fix

FireWire Mount Fix

I had to pick a chipset driver, or else it gave me the waiting for root device error, but now my laptop's keyboard / touchpad do not work (they did during install, however) - I assume this is because of the incorrect chipset drivers? Also my screen resolution is not optimal.

I was wondering if there is a way to get my keyboard/touchpad functionality back, and also get full capability from my graphics card to run the native 1280x800 resolution.

Thanks for all your help today and yesterday. :P

Yes, I got it installed with these options:

9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel

Intel ICHx SATA Drivers (chipset)

Conexant HiDef Audio

Broadcom Drivers

ACPI Fix

FireWire Mount Fix

I had to pick a chipset driver, or else it gave me the waiting for root device error, but now my laptop's keyboard / touchpad do not work (they did during install, however) - I assume this is because of the incorrect chipset drivers? Also my screen resolution is not optimal.

I was wondering if there is a way to get my keyboard/touchpad functionality back, and also get full capability from my graphics card to run the native 1280x800 resolution.

Thanks for all your help today and yesterday. ;)

i also used iPC, i had to check the ps2keyboard fix to keep keyboard and touchpad

when booting, interrrupt and type -v cpus=1

if it still hangs, only type -v and see where its getting stuck at