iPC OSx86 Universal 10.5.6

txczshooter

2 posts in this topic

First, let me say Hi, first post.

My question is about the above subject, but I'd like to say I have gone through the process of successfully installing the WindOSx86 distro on my Lenovo S10 so this is not ALL foreign. However it does seem significantly different. I'd also like to say that I've searched various sites, search engines, etc and have not found anything related to my problem.

Here's what's going on. You can see the hardware I'm working with in my sig. The issue is the hard drives. My DVD-RW and primary hard drive are SATA and I also have a secondary IDE 160GB Seagate. I can boot up with the DVD without issue. Get to the place where you choose your language and then on the next screen I run Disk Util. and it only sees my IDE drive, not the SATA. Which I guess is okay as it works fine. It was running on an HP PC just a few days ago with a fresh install of XP. I also put Windows 7 on it earlier today as well and installed WOW and played for about 20 min without issue. (yes I had a LOT of FREE time today) I'm reasonably sure the drive is fine.

So I go through and select all my kexts. I skip the DVD verification and it begins to install. Goes to about 5% and says it can't install because the disk may be damaged and I must restart.

First question, am I doing something wrong? I DID NOT burn the DVD at 2x, but I could be wrong in assuming if I got this far that that's most likely not the problem?

2nd, can I get the SATA drives to be recongized ? They are currently formatted in NTFS and I think that may be the problem. I also checked my BIOS for the AHCI issue on the SATA drives and I don't have any option like that. I also can't get my BIOS flashed to latest version because I have no stinking floppy drive.

I know this is long, and involved, but if anyone has the time or patience to offer some suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

First, let me say Hi, first post.

My question is about the above subject, but I'd like to say I have gone through the process of successfully installing the WindOSx86 distro on my Lenovo S10 so this is not ALL foreign. However it does seem significantly different. I'd also like to say that I've searched various sites, search engines, etc and have not found anything related to my problem.

Here's what's going on. You can see the hardware I'm working with in my sig. The issue is the hard drives. My DVD-RW and primary hard drive are SATA and I also have a secondary IDE 160GB Seagate. I can boot up with the DVD without issue. Get to the place where you choose your language and then on the next screen I run Disk Util. and it only sees my IDE drive, not the SATA. Which I guess is okay as it works fine. It was running on an HP PC just a few days ago with a fresh install of XP. I also put Windows 7 on it earlier today as well and installed WOW and played for about 20 min without issue. (yes I had a LOT of FREE time today) I'm reasonably sure the drive is fine.

So I go through and select all my kexts. I skip the DVD verification and it begins to install. Goes to about 5% and says it can't install because the disk may be damaged and I must restart.

First question, am I doing something wrong? I DID NOT burn the DVD at 2x, but I could be wrong in assuming if I got this far that that's most likely not the problem?

2nd, can I get the SATA drives to be recongized ? They are currently formatted in NTFS and I think that may be the problem. I also checked my BIOS for the AHCI issue on the SATA drives and I don't have any option like that. I also can't get my BIOS flashed to latest version because I have no stinking floppy drive.

I know this is long, and involved, but if anyone has the time or patience to offer some suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

I feel like such a noob. I'd been trying to figure it out for so long yesterday. It wasn't talking about my HDD, it was talking about the DVD. Will burn again @ 2x. That's most likely the issue.