2 replies to this topic

stereovision

stereovision

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Guys,

I tried all the different distributions and i cant get this to work on my machine. Its an Acer aspire M5630 with a Eg31M motherboard. I am going to try and flash the BIOS today using kelebs modified BIOS for the M5640 as sugested in another thread but wanted to know what distribution i should be using, iDeneb, Iatkos, Kalyway? Also which patches should i be selecting? ps - I have an NVIDIA geForce 8600 GT vid card if that matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

stereovision

stereovision

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
just an update for those with the same machine as me. I was able to install Kalyway 10.5.2 after flashing my BIOS with the custom one that is available on these forums and i am up and running!

Crazy-Boy

Crazy-Boy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey to get your acer eg31m running what chipset driver did you use? Ive been trying to get mine working for about 3 month now thanx ....and what bios is it that u flashed it with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy