Intel GMAX3100 WORKING with QE/CI Internal Display!

SaCleoCheater

8 posts in this topic

YES, It's Finally here, and it's WORKING with QE/CI Enabled! With Internal Display!

It is recommended that you print this off, incase anything goes wrong, but READ FIRST!

TUTORIAL

I Tested This on Kalyway 10.5.2

Type What you see IN the Quotation marks... DONT TYPE THE MARKS THEMSELVES

To start with, Download this File:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MAG8FQM9

Now, open and Extract. Copy the .Bundle and the .plugin files from "GMAX3100 WORKING" folder to /System/Library/Extensions Folder.

Now, using "Kext Helper b7" Which you can download from here:

http://cheetha.net/

Drag into the Box the remaining .Kext Files.

DO NOT INSTALL YET... Now open up a finder window leading to the /System/Library/Extensions folder. In the search bar, Type in "AppleIntelGMAX3100" Make sure you are searching the "Extensions" folder and not "This Mac".

Now, Trash everything you see EXCEPT the .bundle and the .plugin Files you just copied.

NOW... Alt+Tab back to Kext Helper, type in your password and install the kexts.

Once it has completed, click Spotlight and search for "Disk Utility". Select your OSX Partition and then click "Repair Permissions".

Once all is done, Reboot your system and now you should be introduced to a NICE beautiful QE/CI enabled Display.

IF this has not worked for you, don't worry: Just boot your system with -s flag and mount your HDD. then type "./Movevideodrivers" It will ask you a selection of GF drivers to move, deny the first two by typing "no" then "yes" for the last two. Type "Exit" and hit enter. you should now be back into OSX without any video drivers loaded at all.

You'll have to do a little more research if this doesn't work for you.

I am NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR COMPUTER | This is for educational purposes only

Don't forget to say THANKS if this works for you!

It doesn't work for me. Only change resolution but no qe/ci.

dev ID 0x2a02

rev ID 0x000c

What is the purpose of copying .bundle and .plugin files and then delete them?

Sorry, I got a bit muddled, but I updated the Tutorial. you weren't supposed to actually delete the plugin and bundle, that should have come before copying the bundle and the plugin.

This is only for Javilun:

Now copy the .bundle and the .plugin files to Extensions folder, Repair permissions, reboot and now it should work!

Now, hopefully it works for you!

Hi-

I tried this on my X61 running iAtkos 5.0i. It almost worked before, I had everything except resolution switching (I believe).

I tried this and I get a black screen with a mouse on it, nothing on the external display either.

Also, the ./Movevideodrivers didn't work, it says "File not found" or "Command not found".

What do I do now?

Rafael

• 2 weeks later...

hi...sorry 4 my english...

mayb my experience for someone helped...

i have HP Compaq 6720s

1. install 10.5.6

with a ) ps/2 mouse+keyb fix

b ) gmax3100 (video)

c ) ad1981 (sound)

d ) intel 82566mm (network)

e ) ntfs3g (cause i have second os with ntfs)

2. default installed 1.5.24 drivers x3100...

after that i just change with 1.5.30 version (install with kext helper b7)...and thats work !!!

full resolution with qe/ci support !!

p.s. id vendor 2a12 video

thats all

after that i just change with 1.5.30 version (install with kext helper b7)...and thats work !!!

full resolution with qe/ci support !!

I installed latest drivers (1.5.36.25) and replaced just AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.text with version 1.5.18.17, and it works perfectly, with my Acer 5720. Hardware accelerated, Maya works even it didn't in XP (crappy drivers too), yehhaaa.