problems booting xp on vm ware fusion

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

I've been bussy last time to figure out how to get a virtual machine working in my OSX86 installation. I've managed to get Leopard Retail working on my EEE PC 1000H in dual boot with Windows XP professional. this all runs on 2 difrent partitions on 1 HDD drive in a MBR in stead of GPT.

I've tryed to install Paralels 4.0, but it won't even install because of the genuine apple hardware (witch i of course don't have). So i've tryed VM-ware Fusion 2.0.1 and get it installed on my EEE-mac. But when i want to virtualise my XP partition (like the bootcamp partition on my Macbook) it won't boot anything. The weird thing though is that i see the partition icon of my XP partition disappear in OSX finder just like it does on my macbook, when booting in paralels or vmware fusion.

So it can see my XP partition i think. when i try to boot the standard bootcamp vmk witch comes out of the box with vmware fusion, i get the virtual bios of vmware and then it try's to boot from the network, and thats it. then i get the following message:

no bootable device was detected.

i've tryed to search on this forum and on google, but didn't find anything what discribes my problem here.:D

i hope there's someone overhere who can help me out of my LAST problem to get all things working like i would.

greatings,

martijn