I completely lost the password to login to my MacBook

3 posts in this topic

OK, I completely lost the password to login to my MacBook. I actually found this problem when I was trying to update my MacBook from the Apple Software Update thingy.

Here's what happened. I opened System Preferences (I got an automatic notification about it but I chose not install them because I was busy), clicked "Software Update", clicked "Check Now", then the Software Update dialog box appeared and did what it was supposed to do, then clicked "Install 3 Items", then it prompts me for the password, I try to type in the password then I get the following error message "Sorry, you entered an invalid username or password. Please try again."I tried a second time, and still it didn't work. But when I tried to attempt it for the 3rd time, I got an error message saying "Sorry, you attempted to authenticate too many times. Try again later," then it gave me the hint but it didn't help because I know what the password is.

I logged out, and then tried logging in with the password, but the login thing just shook. Same thing happened the second time. Then I tried it the third time and it showed me the hint which, again, did not help.

What should I do??