Dual Booting Vista & OS X 10.5.4

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am new here and new to OS X, I'll explain my situation.

I had installed OS X (Kalyway installation) onto an external USB harddrive of mine with great success and was dual booting Vista & OS X with no problems! So i decided to make it a more permanent situation and install os x onto my second internal hard drive. this is when my dual boot stopped working. so i thought i would format my vista partition and re-install vista, this then made the os x drive completley unbootable. so than i reinstalled os x onto the other drive again. Now as it stands I have 2 seperate drives one with os x one with vista, both bootable however not from the bcdedit menu or the darwin boot loader i have to choose which hard drive to boot from within the bios. both menus will boot their respectable os's (ie Vista boots fine from the vista bootmenu, but os x does not and os x loads from the darwin boot loader no problem, but vista does not)... so as it stands i can get to either OS but not in an easy fashion, any insight to this at all? the error i'm receiving when booting into os x via the vista boot menu is a chain booting error. here is my bcdedit configuration (via easybcd);

There are a total of 2 entries listed in the Vista Bootloader.

Bootloader Timeout: 30 seconds.

Default OS: Microsoft Windows Vista

Entry #1

Name: Microsoft Windows Vista

BCD ID: {current}

Drive: C:\

Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Windows Directory: \Windows

Entry #2

Name: NST Mac OS X

BCD ID: {711c5096-e4ce-11dd-b57e-001d7d9c9000}

Drive: C:\

Bootloader Path: \NST\nst_mac.mbr

as for os x i'm not overly familiar with the boot loader and have no idea what or how to show you it.

any help on this would be greatful thanks!