Cannot install Netgear GA311 in GA-EP45-DS3L Rev 1.0

7 posts in this topic

I Just build a Hackintosh for christmas and if i put the lan card in and the computer will not turn on (Screen won't display anything) even when "Onboard LAN" is off in BIOS

Hardware:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L Rev 1.0 BIOS : F8

2 SATA Western Digital Hard Drives (Not in AHCI Mode) OSx86 / Windows Vista

1 SATA HP DVD 1070i DVD Burner

EVGA nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz

iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 (with Audio Patch)

I got it to turn on put when mac startups the spinner on the boot screen spins very slow and then stops 2 minutes later.

LAN Cards a Netgear GA311 Rev. A1

osx861.JPG

osx862.JPG

osx863.JPG

osx864.JPG

does anyone know whats or a fix for bonjour on onboard lan

I Just build a Hackintosh for christmas and if i put the lan card in and the computer will not turn on (Screen won't display anything) even when "Onboard LAN" is off in BIOS

Hardware:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L Rev 1.0 BIOS : F8

2 SATA Western Digital Hard Drives (Not in AHCI Mode) OSx86 / Windows Vista

1 SATA HP DVD 1070i DVD Burner

EVGA nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz

Remove the card, remove all power (unplug). Make sure MOBO battery is still in, then place a jumper over the pins next to the battery to clear the cmos, then count to 3, and remove the jumper. If you dont have a jumper then, touch both prongs with screwdriver etc., and remove.

Turn the machine on, then turn off again. Resinstall the network card in the far slot (or different slot than before), and then turn the machine back on. You should then see the ESCD update message, then you should be golden. If that doesnt work, then you have a bad card. Check my signature, I have the same machine.

You will never (well never say never, but prolly not) get bonjour working on the onboard LAN. Check my guide in my signature as well for BIOS settings.

Hope this works.

When the card is in both screens wont turn on everything else fans/lights are on (No BIOS screen)

also there is 3 green lights on the mobo and 1 orange on and 1 red one when the screens are off

you have a bad network card, or bad MOBO, or both. I have both of these (board and NIC) in two computers here.