HELP ME Macbook gone CRAZY

NOW4REAL954

8 posts in this topic

i am having a nightmare with my macbook...it has been nothing but problems for a while now used diskwarrior and disk utility to try to fix it but to no avail...finally the internal 250gb hard drive that i had in it would not do anything...mount fix or nothing...so it is in the process of being returned to Samsung...

because i thought it was the problem...and i took my original 60gb hard drive and put it back in...and it worked fine...for a short while...then i did a reboot and it would not boot...doing the continuing boot sequence and starting over again in an infinite loop...which made me crazy...so i took an external FW400 drive and installed Leopard on it...and then used migration assistant to move my user from the internal drive to the external drive but since i did this it now boots with the following error messages...

all say the same heading and pretty much the same extensions...

SYSTEM EXTENSION CANNOT BE USED

the system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/ConnectUSB.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update

post-326266-1227644253_thumb.jpg

same for ....Pvsnet.kext

post-326266-1227644284_thumb.jpg

and...Soundflower.kext

post-326266-1227644297_thumb.jpg

and KeyspanNHCI-T.kext

post-326266-1227644266_thumb.jpg

and hypervisor.kext

post-326266-1227645113_thumb.jpg

and this happens everytime i boot up

the soundflower i know what that is...but not sure which program originally installed it...maybe Airfoil

and Keyspan must be from the Keyspan network usb hub that i dont use at the moment so if you could tell me what i need to do for these files...

and if you could shed some light as to why i have had the issues i have had...

when i did repair permissions on the internal hard drive before i gave up and decided to try the external drive...it gave me pages of permission problems and fixing them didnt seem to fix anything really

this has been a night mare because i have had absolutely no problems with my macbook since i got it...i love it and am going thru so much stress...trying to use my old ibook g4 and imac g4 all the time...i miss my macbook and want to get it back on top of the game...i am very secure in the notion that if given good instructions...which i am hoping someone can give...i can fix this issue so that when i get my replacement hard drive i will not have a messed up machine again

now...i do have to say that...i cant pinpoint the original issue but i didnt have any problems until i installed Parallels 3 and windoze xp

i also installed Crossover Mac and Crossover Mac games at about the same time...but i have only used the XP as i am trying to do some work with my mothers new business and windoze is the only operating system their software will run on...so its important that i get this working again and working well..thank you so much for your time

Alex

i have tried these things over and over again

i just dont know what to do...i am terrified to reboot because i never know if it will boot again...no matter what hard drive i am using...

and of course i have a bunch of permission problems that keep coming up over and over again

im just lost and upset about these issues...not to mention the fact that i lost my job back in july and cant find a new one! so this stress on top of the other just compounds all my issues...very scared im not going to make it

thanks for your comments and im hoping someone on here can really give me insight into what is going on for my baby macbook

well, all the pictures U posted are permission errors. I can think of a few things that are messing up. Could be the drive controller but U said booting from USB/Firewire doesn't help. Might be a bad stick of memory. How much memory do U have and in what configuration? It could be the mother board is messed up. Have U got the Hardware test disk that came with the computer? Have U tried running it?

Khan

no i havent tried running the hardware test...but i did run into a bunch of problems when i tried to remove the hard drive and then push it back in...and i decided to switch the ram when i did that...and then i got all sorts of trouble with that and finally was able to get it to start again with putting the original 256mb ram with the original 1gb ram...and it started back up...

but what i dont understand is that...i seem to be having permission problems with all my macs lately...ibook g4 1.33ghz, imac g4 1ghz, and the macbook 2ghz...

do you think my ram is bad all the way around...cuz now i cant get the macbook to reboot again...

im so upset...i dont know what to do...and i cant afford to get it worked on...and now my other macs are having problems..what is going on...

did i get the only MAC VIRUS known to man...

im going to go cry now

Sorry if I missed it, I tend to skim but have you tried repairing permissions manually?

Open terminal

sudo -s
cd /System/Library
chown -R 0:0 Extensions
chmod -R 755 Extensions
cd Extensions
rm -rf Caches
cd ..
rm -rf Caches
rm -rf Extensions.mkext*
shutdown -r now

I typed that out in a rather long way but where it's difficult to make a mistake and screw something up. :(

See if that helps with those error messages, still not a good sign though that you would have so many issues. If you haven't yet you might also want to boot from the install disk and use disk utility there to repair permissions on the partition.

Sorry if I missed it, I tend to skim but have you tried repairing permissions manually?

Open terminal

sudo -s
cd /System/Library
chown -R 0:0 Extensions
chmod -R 755 Extensions
cd Extensions
rm -rf Caches
cd ..
rm -rf Caches
rm -rf Extensions.mkext*
shutdown -r now

I typed that out in a rather long way but where it's difficult to make a mistake and screw something up. :thumbsup_anim:

See if that helps with those error messages, still not a good sign though that you would have so many issues. If you haven't yet you might also want to boot from the install disk and use disk utility there to repair permissions on the partition.

OMG...i dont know what happened...things are ok...i think i hope i pray

here's what happened...the external FW400 hard drive was what i was working with earlier tonight...and it had those errors that show in this post...and i rebooted it...and it would not boot back up again...i was going out of my mind...this was the third hard drive that this had happened to...so i freaked...screamed and smoked 10 cigarettes...and then i came back and tried what you suggested and other did the same...

i put the hard ware test in and nothing came back wrong...so that upset me...so i left that macbook os x disk in and booted up to it...and repaired again the permissions...but the external firewire drive would not allow me to do it...said no packages...dont know what that meant...but it did a ton of repairs on the internal drive that i had given up on...and i rebooted to the internal drive...and the same and more extensions errors showed up...so...

i decided i couldnt loose anything...that i havent already lost...so i opened terminal

and was hoping that (ignorance here) every new line meant that i was supposed to hit enter...and

IT WORKED

OMG... i have rebooted a number of times...and it has worked and NO ERRORS each time

YOU ARE A SAINT

AND I LOVE YOU!

please give me your email address so when i have another catastrophe i can get the help i need

now4real954@aol.com or @mac.com

thank you so much

oh my god what a nightmare...again...

everything was fine...until all of a sudden...

drag and drop was gone...

my spotlight was gone

and my installer would not work...

and mail and safari RSS feeds wont work either...which is where i started on this next problem

and then i decided to reboot and nothing again

now i am repairing permissions thru disk utility on the intall cd...and its going crazy again with a milliion new permission problems...what i am i supposed to do

why is this happening

apple hardware test came back ok

and it had been working fine all night long now problems again...so i cant even go 24 hours now without this happening

why do the permissions keep getting messed up...and i saw some strange name in my get info at the bottom where it shows read and write etc...some user that never existed before

im so upset and stressed and this supposed to be a holiday...and im not happy...

any ideas out there as to why my permissions keep getting screwed up

oh and by the way...last night i found that i could not access my external back up drive because i didnt have permission nor could i access my ipod or the external firewire drive...so i used a terminal thing i found online and it worked and i was able to access them again...not sure what it was but it worked...

i need ideas because when my new 250 hard drive gets here i dont want to have to deal with this on it

thanks guys

i have the OSInstallCrashLog.txt available ....for some reason it wont upload here

it shows all the permission fixes done this time around and it is currently doing it again...im at such a loss for what is going on...if you want this txt file to see to help me...just email me at now4real954@mac.com and i will send it to you...im so confused and upset please help if you can