Need help with: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and Geforce 6150

AlSnow

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have leo4all v3 installed on my machine. If anybody wants to check the complete system configuration, you can by going here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dch4fn3p_14dphvq2gm

I have 2 major issues:

1. I need to get the internet working and need to get the ethernet card installed (NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller)

2. I need to get the display driver working cause i just see 1024 display... (NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150)

Guys i really need to get this done..... I tried to search and also checked this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=12933 but didnt work out.

any help would be highly appreciated..... thnx in advance

[EDIT] This is what it says when i ran DPCIManager - 10de:0244 nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (thought this might help)

thnx and waiting

if you are refering to on-board graphics (6150), it is not supported. There are a ton of threads here about it. I finally gave up and bought a 2600pro video card.

As far as the LAN, I can't get it to work either. But not a big deal as I have a wireless-n card...

Not that I helped you any, but at least you know you weren't the only one with those problems.

• 3 weeks later...

let me first say thanks a lot to one of my genious friend who helped me with the "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" and i also remember a line from some post in this forum "if you get into this....get into it all the way"

coming onto the "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" I am attaching the kext with this post which can be downloaded for people who are facing issues with the ethernet connection.

nForceEthernetDriver.kext.zip

METHOD # 1

The method that was told to me is as follows:

1. Download the kext.

2. Add in you device id in the info.plist (The device ID can be checked through either by DCPIManager OR LSPCI) I used DCPIManager and have attached the same only to make the work easier. Please save the info.plist file after adding the device id.

DPCIManager.zip

3. Load the kext through this command

sudo kextload -v <path to the kext>

4. If you have the ethernet cable connected check network utility whether the ethernet card was recogised & whether you are getting a valid IP or not. You can also check for the ethernet card using the system profiler under utilities. If you do not have the ethernet cable connected then connect it.

(PLEASE NOTE: IN THE ABOVE METHOD YOU WILL HAVE TO LOAD THE KEXT EACH TIME WHEN YOU RESTART YOUR MACHINE, THE ABOVE METHOD DID NOT WORK FOR ME HENCE I FOLLOWED ANOTHER METHOD WHICH IS MENTIONED BELOW AS METHOD 2)

METHOD # 2

1. Download the kext.

2. Add in you device id in the info.plist (The device ID can be checked through either by DCPIManager OR LSPCI) I used DCPIManager and have attached the same only to make the work easier. Please save the info.plist file after adding the device id.

DPCIManager.zip

3. Install the kext using kext helper. (Once you install the kext a window will popup hopefully asking you to configure the new network card found hence, please go ahead and configure the same. You can now check for the same network card through network utility or system profiler under utilities)

4. Once you have the ethernet configured check for internet connectivity. If the ethernet cable was not connected, its now time to connect it.

[EDIT]: IF YOU USE METHOD # 2 USING THE KEXT HELPER, EACH TIME YOU RESTART THE ETHERNET CARD WILL BE LISTED THERE UNDER NETWORK UTILITY AND SYSTEM PROFILER

PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED THE KEXT HELPER SO THAT YOU DONT NEED TO LOOK FOR IT ELSEWHERE You can download the same.

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

I HOPE ANY OF THE ABOVE METHODS WORK FOR THOSE STRUGGLING WITH THE ETHERNET CARD.......ALL THE VERY BEST.

Snake!!!!!

Snake!!!!!

Snaaakkkkeeeee!!!!

(Play Metal Gear Solid 4 if you havent still)

let me first say thanks a lot to one of my genious friend who helped me with the "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" and i also remember a line from some post in this forum "if you get into this....get into it all the way"

coming onto the "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" I am attaching the kext with this post which can be downloaded for people who are facing issues with the ethernet connection.

METHOD # 1

1. Download the kext.

DPCIManager.zip

4. If you have the ethernet cable connected check network utility whether the ethernet card was recogised & whether you are getting a valid IP or not. You can also check for the ethernet card using the system profiler under utilities. If you do not have the ethernet cable connected then connect it.

(PLEASE NOTE: IN THE ABOVE METHOD YOU WILL HAVE TO LOAD THE KEXT EACH TIME WHEN YOU RESTART YOUR MACHINE, THE ABOVE METHOD DID NOT WORK FOR ME HENCE I FOLLOWED ANOTHER METHOD WHICH IS MENTIONED BELOW AS METHOD 2)

METHOD # 2

1. Download the kext.

DPCIManager.zip

3. Install the kext using kext helper. (Once you install the kext a window will popup hopefully asking you to configure the new network card found hence, please go ahead and configure the same. You can now check for the same network card through network utility or system profiler under utilities)

4. Once you have the ethernet configured check for internet connectivity. If the ethernet cable was not connected, its now time to connect it.

[EDIT]: IF YOU USE METHOD # 2 USING THE KEXT HELPER, EACH TIME YOU RESTART THE ETHERNET CARD WILL BE LISTED THERE UNDER NETWORK UTILITY AND SYSTEM PROFILER

PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE ALSO ATTACHED THE KEXT HELPER SO THAT YOU DONT NEED TO LOOK FOR IT ELSEWHERE You can download the same.

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

I HOPE ANY OF THE ABOVE METHODS WORK FOR THOSE STRUGGLING WITH THE ETHERNET CARD.......ALL THE VERY BEST.

Where in the info.plist does the device ID go? There's no key called "Device ID" nor is there anything in there that looks like the device ID I get from DPCIManager.

hey i have the Nvidia nforce networking controller and the geforce 6150 on my HP and i have os x 10.4.8 on my computer and i tried force deth, and the instructions on this thread to get these things to work, im aware the video card dosent work and im cool with that but i cant get my network card to work and my sound card ac97 to work, can anybody help me get this to work?????

• 1 year later...

METHOD # 1

1. Download the kext.

DPCIManager.zip

METHOD # 2

1. Download the kext.

DPCIManager.zip

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

Snake!!!!!

Snake!!!!!

Snaaakkkkeeeee!!!!

(Play Metal Gear Solid 4 if you havent still)

Okay, will try tomorrow...

• 4 weeks later...

I installed the Sabrent wireless PCI card I got from TigerDirect.com for $14.99. Strange thing...When I installed the driver for the card my onboard Nvidea ethernet adapter started working flawlessly. No setup or anything. The WiFi is not working but the ethernet is. After a long...long search for a solution.