Iphone used as a usb WiFi adapter

krys2fur

3 posts in this topic

I have a Hp Pavilion and have been waiting on a driver for the Intel 3945abg for awhile now. A thought came to me and I was wondering if there was a way to use my Iphone as a WiFi adapter via usb. I don't know if this could be done using openssh or something else. I always have my Iphone plugged in charging anyways, why not use it for something useful. If anybody has any info to direct me or just to let me know it won't work, I would greatly appreciate it. As for the other forum regarding the 3945abg, your work is not being unappreciated. I can't wait until the day I can use my WiFi like it is suppose to.

• 5 months later...
A thought came to me and I was wondering if there was a way to use my Iphone as a WiFi adapter via usb.

Apple just announced support for tethering over the EDGE / 3G connection. Not sure if their solution will directly work for wifi, though. AT&T is demanding a monthly surcharge for this functionality. If you jailbreak your iPhone, there are a few apps that will likely get you online. Once you jailbreak your phone (not hard at all), you can search the jailbroken version of App Store (Cydia) for the word 'modem' to find several free applications that support tethering.

http://lifehacker.com/5049729/iphone-modem...lbroken-iphones

Emotional Friend