BlueTooth Input devices don't work on MSI WIND

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

This is my first stab at a Hackintosh (always had the real thing before I bought this beautiful black MSI Wind), so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on troubleshooting Bluetooth issues.

I installed Leopard to a partition on a USB hard drive using my sister's Sony Vaio (I want to avoid getting an external USB if I can, don't really see the need for it except this pesky OS X install process). I used the awesome customized WIND installer disc put together by Stellarola over on msiwind.com. Most everything works great so far, but Bluetooth is really vexing me.

My issues all started when I tried to pair my Kensington SlimBlade Trackball Mouse. Wonderful little piece of hardware, love how it works on XP, but... it's XP! I want to use it under OS X.

Bluetooth seems to be recognized natively in Leopard, but the Wind cannot pair to the device. When I go to set it up, I push the pairing button on the mouse like normal, the process goes through "Connecting to Kensington SlimBlade Trackball Mouse", but gets stuck after it says "Connection Established"; at this point it's trying to pair with a null key, but after 15 or 30 seconds it will change to the usual statement in red text that says "Pairing unsuccessful", etc.

I have successfully paired my Motorola Razr V3, but only after I first tried and was unable to pair the mouse. The mouse was the first BT peripheral with which I tried to pair.

I have also tried to pair my Apple Wireless Keyboard (the full size white-and-lucite variety) and that one gets stuck when I'm supposed to enter the passcode, too, where pairing fails. I type in the passcode and hit return, but apparently it doesn't register. I also tried another BT mouse borrowed from a friend and had the same issue.

Am I off-base to guess that this is an OS-level software issue to do with BT input devices?

Can anyone suggest any remedies I could try? I have OSX86 Tools but not a lot of experience monkeying around with the internals of OS X, despite being a longtime user (and former HelpDesk Technician at my University icon_razz.gif ).

Thanks in advance!

- M