Acer TravelMate 2480-2779 Mac OS X 10.5.6 Leopard Guide

Espionage724

11 posts in this topic

Acer TravelMate 2480-2779 (and possibly others with similar hardware/laptops), you too can now install Mac OS X 10.5.6! But the best news is that you can now do it now with not many modified files! Heres what I managed to accomplish:

- Installed Mac OS X 10.5.4 from a retail DVD (from the usual places)

- Installed The 10.5.6 Combo update from Apple

- Got working DSDT

- Can boot into OS X 10.5.6 with ALL vanilla kexts (of course you need a few un-vanilla like ones though)

- Got working ethernet

Heres what needs testing/work:

- Audio

- World of Warcraft (anytime I went above update 10.5.4, WoW would graphics glitch massively)

- System Info (says it can't display the material)

- S-Video, DVI-Out (needs testing, will do so tomorro)

REST OF GUIDE COMING SOON....

I have an Acer Travelmate 2480-2598 and your provided Audio kexts help me fix my Headphones only issue. I now have Speakers and Headphones (no auto switch though). To switch I still need to go to SysPrefs->Sound and select my output. My audio card is a Realtek ALC883.

Thanks a bunch.

PS I installed Leo4Allv3 Final with the 9.2.0 sleep kernel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your welcome :)

Also it is safe to install the 10.5.5 update straight from apple. After computer reboots (and given you typed -v) you should see an intel power management thing, then the computer will reboot again. After that it will boot normally.

Power management seems to be broken in 10.5.5 looking for fix...

• 3 months later...

Notes

- iDeneb 10.5.5 DVD does not let Wifi card work properly and installition of driver pack causes PS/2 devices to not work

- Going from 10.5.4 to 10.5.6 via the combo update gave me a kernel panic at like 18% done insalling

- If using iATKOS 10.5.4, DO NOT install the 950GMA driver that is incuded in the installer. Leave it unselected. World of Warcraft no longer graphic glitches

ToDo:

- Get 10.5.6 update working

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...