Thoughts about ISP

1 post in this topic

I've seen many topics about ISP, high speed connection etc.

For a while, I was a DSL guy. I ever bother about the fact it was slow sometimes etc. When I studied the IT, some of my friends was on the cable ISP in Montreal call Videotron. 10 mb/s download and 900 kb/s upload. See the noob guy had a 3 mb/s DL (supposed to be 5 mb/s but Bell and his {censored} network give me 3 only) and 700 kb/s. Few months after, I was convinced that my DSL ISP provider gonna {censored} me up with breach the contract for unlimited download and trying to sold me an another "DSL 5 mb/s BUT with 30 gb dowload". Anyway, I was moving to cable ISP with 7/900. His slogan is "The infinite power of cable"! :D

Anyway, about you, what you had for ISP (DSL, Cable) and what's your satisfaction at all.

I heard about the FiOS is coming at some place in US, someone can tell me how it's fast! :D:D

Here in Montreal, Bell is currently working to pass through all the Quebec province for the fiber. Very impatient to see how it's powerful and which cost are in... And in fact, the aDSL doesn't exist with the poor infrastructure we had :tomato:

292111980.png