Help needed in QE/CI on GeForce 7300GS 512mb

Lugor

4 posts in this topic

First of all, I'd like to say that, although this is my first post in this forum, I've used the search engine many times, and it helped me to solve all my problems with mac os so far. I'm sorry if this matter was already discussed here, but after days of search I couldn't get any help at all.

So, getting straight to the point, I'd like to know if there's a way to enable QE/CI in a GeForce 7300GS with 512mb shared memory. I've tried searching in many topics, including the sticky "Manual nVidia installation", but there seems to be a problem with 512mb cards. I'm using NVinject 0.2.1, and already tried NVkush with no success. Here goes some of my specs, the ones I've judged necessary to list:

Motherboard: Asus P5VD2-X

If there's a way, I'd like to know all the files I'll need, and where to download them. I have not yet tried any solutions that involve inserting the Device ID in the kexts, because I don't know where or how to write them there.

Any help would be kindly aprecciated. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply! I'll try that and report the results here.

EDIT: Well, I have replaced my NVinject.kext with yours and repaired permissions before rebooting, but still no QE/CI... Didn't you had to write your device ID somewhere to have it working? Thanks for the help anyway!

Well, it has been solved. I don't know if this will sound dumb, but I just used NVInstaller V. 41 and replaced the NVInject.kext with the one starobrno1 used. I don't know if the replacement helped, but I now have QI/CE enabled. Thanks for the help, starbrno1. I hope this helps someone who have the same problem.