solved! (xunsolvedx) problem with trackpad and driver not loading every time

2 posts in this topic

from what i have read on the internet which is pretty much most of it now this is a very common problem that seems to be unsolved. i have checked hi and low and done everything that i can think of to fix this problem. is there any way to make my ps2 controller force to load?

at first i thought it was a problem with my acpips2nub.kext not loading which in leo4allv3 it doesnt, but when i managed to fix that problem still the trackpad and keyboard dont load all the time.. which actually makes sence because even if the acpips2nub fails to load it will some times (like 1 in 10 times) load the trackpad and keyboard. however when i have it fixed and loading like every time the keyboard and trackpad still loads just as much as before.

i have tryed all the enhanced or hacked ps2controllers even the multi touch scrolling one that has a daemon that loads at start up. none of them really make a difference. theres even a guy out there that recoded the ps2contoller so it would load more often but that doesnt make any differnce either. but i donno im gunna figure this out if its the last thing i do.. so im pretty determined to get this thing loading all of the time.. ill like post my success and what not when i do figure it out.

p.s i have a presario f500 with broadcom4311, sata hd, amd proccesor, connexant hd audio, here is a link to a page that has all of my specs and even pics http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4107

the laptop surprisingly runs leopard well even though it is well the cheapest laptop ever made that is actually built fairly nice... haha i would totally buy a mac but well im in collage and way too poor to afford that. but ya it would be really cool if somebody already knows whats causing this prob and like helped me.. thanks if you do.

edited 6/19/08 okay so i have been doing some searching and what it is that is preventing it to load is the appleacpiplatform.kext does somebody out there know where to get the source code?

edited 8/1/08 so i found this new post that has a re-written ps2 controller and i tried to install it and at first it didn't work. but i got to messing around with it and i got it to work. and not just every once in a wile at boot up but every time. i have not experienced it not load yet.

anyways this is how i did it:

1. go to this topic keyboard + alps trackapad driver, made in a hp g7000 - might work for others

2. download the latest revision (it will take you to google code, click on "view raw fie" that will download it.

3. remove appleps2mouse.kext file inside the appleps2controller.kext

4. delete any other ps2 contollers you might have ie any acpips2nub kexts or anything with ps2 in the name... also check inside the appleacpiplatform.kext sometimes it has the acpips2nub inside

5. use kext helper to install the new appleps2controller.kext

• 1 month later...