Asus P5K Deluxe blank / black screen on boot but -x works fine?

wiregen

5 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

My bad axe 2 board went south and I purchased a P5K deluxe board it's awesome! However, for the past 2 days I'm having such a hard time to get this board to boot normally.

Here is my specs

P5K Deluxe (bios settings s-ata as AHCI, disable j-micro controller, No overclock)

Q6600

8800GTS 640mb

4gb ram

Kalyway 10.5.2 install DVD

-OSX installation will comeplete and go through fine. However when I boot up the apple logo appears then a blank screen pulls up. There's a signal I know. I did swap the DVI switches around but same thing.

- Booting through -x and EVERYTHING works. It detected my marvell ethernet, my realtek ethernet, sound and even my graphics! It would load 1920x1200 but system profiler shows no CI/QE.

- I tried the vanilla kernel and the other kernals on the kalyway 10.5.2 but I would always hit this brick wall.

- I even installed everything with no drivers and it would boot and everything would work until I used the NVinstaller or the Punk92's installer. I would end up with a blank black screen.

I think everything works but the gfx card giving me a headache. I was reading on forums to do an NVinject but I still get the blank screen. I dual boot to XP to play games and this system was working 100% when I was running with my bad axe 2.

Update: I installed leo4allv3 - I get the same thing. I hear the leopard welcome sounds but no screen.

I installed the correct kexts on the NVinstalled, made sure. I have an 8800gts 640mb. I still dont get any screen but again, going to safe mode I was able to boot natively 1920x1200

I reformatted again. Installed 10.5.2 kalyway without ANYTHING. Manually reinstalled the drivers and I was able to get everything in 1024x768 but the time I installed NVinstaller blank screen.

Reformatted again, tried with the ver 3.0 and 2.0 with punk 92's installed. Blank screen

I did it for leo4all same damn thing.

I'm really at my ends here. All the components are working since on my other HD I have vista 64 installed and definitely everything is working 100%

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=69132

- This is basically the same motherboard but I'm still stuck where i install the g80 drivers.

another update: I'm collecting all the posts I find with users

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=765130

- user with the exact same issue as mine.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=765535

- same issue different user.

However no clear answers on resolution. I'll keep researching and tests when I get home from work.

I will post photos of my logs and see if anyone can help.

Thanks everyone.

I was reading somewhere I have to edit my EFI strings even after the NVinstallers? Why would I have to if the drivers area already built into the installers?

Anyone?....as so many active users in this forum noone replies :)