Need help with Linksys wireless-G PCI adapter & Intel 82566DC Gigabit network adapter

jbloggs

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have been reading alot here and frankly a most of it is way over my head and I'm hoping the kind people here will help me out.

I just recently installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell 9200 (XPS410) Desktop computer, but I can't connect to the internet as my network cards are not recognised. I have one builtin "Intel 82566DC Gigabit Network Adapter" and one "Linksys wireless-G PIC Netwrok adapter card" installed in of the PCI slots.

I really need help to get one (if not both) of these working. I would really appreciate a detailed walk through on what I need to get, where to get it and exactly how to install it. I would be eternally grateful for this help.

Thanks in advance.

In the main "Hardware and Drivers" forum there is a Sticky topic "Where to find VendorID and DeviceID in OSX". I suggest you start there.

If you are willing to learn, ready to read a lot, and able to research your hardware information on your own I think you will find people who will help you. If you expect to be spoon-fed the answers to every little thing, or want someone to hold your hand throughout the process from start to finish you will find very few people willing to do that. There is simply no substitute for learning some of this on your own and devoting the time necessary to understand what you are doing.

Thanks BigPimpin. Yes I'm very willing to do the foot work necessary which is how I was able to get the Audio and Graphic card working. All I'm asking is that I get some guidance, like you have given me, so that I don't run around the forum like a headless chicken. two weeks ago I had no idea about anything related to the Mac and today, I have a computer which I can either boot into WinXP or MacOSX with almost everything I need working so far except for the netork connectivity.

I will determine the VendorID & DeviceID of both the Linksys Wireless-G PCI card and the built-in Intel 82566DC Gigabit network adapter"

Glad you're making progress :P When I started it took a couple of weeks to get the last few pieces in place. It took awhile before I got the sound to work. The answer was buried in a mountain of rubbish which I finally dug through and found.

I tell people all the time to search the forums before asking questions. That's mainly to get an idea of what other people are saying, not necessarily because it will lead directly to the solution of their problem. When I finally fixed my sound I realized there was no way on earth I could have run a search and actually found the information I needed. So by all means ask questions, but at least try to do a little homework first, as you are doing now. :)