Can't Partition in DiskUtility Error: Cannot allocate memory

3 posts in this topic

I've had lots of problems trying to get either iatkos 1.0ir2, kalyway 10.5.1, or leo4allv3 to even recognize my HD in diskutility. Finally, after writing 0's to the disk and formating it as Linux ext3, my HD showed up in DiskUtility. However, now if I try to partition the drive, DiskUtility says "Partition failed with the error: Cannot allocate memory." I am wondering if this is some sort of SATA driver issue, or if it is something else.

Setup:

Gateway M285-e Tablet Notebook

Ati Radeon Mobility x1400 256mb

1gb ram

Gateway/Intel Chipset

All my hardware seems to be supported by these installs, so I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I googled about the M285 and someone else was easily able to install Leopard on their tablet. The only difference between their computer and mine is that they had Built-on graphics while I have the x1400.

• 2 years later...

i have a dell 8400 and i also can use the Jas 10.4.8 with no major issues. when i try to install the 10.5.6 it shows my hd in the disk utility but if i try to erase it or partition it i get the "cannot allocate memory". the hd never shows as an option to install to. ive tried to erase it using the 10.4.8 disk utility and all is good there but no luck with the 10.5.6. any help would be nice.