Wireless Card Realtek 8180 driver needed

simcolor

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone:

I've just installed the iAtkos v1.0r2+EqUaTe patch (a.k.a i1.0r3) on my old laptop, here is the spec:

Toshiba Satellite 2410 (6FQEJ)

P4-M 1.8 Hz (SSE2 only)

Intel 845 Chipset

Geforce Mobile 420 Go (32M) (working with Titan Driver)

LAN Card: Intel PRO/100 VE (ICH3) (8086:1031) (working)

Wireless Card(external PCIMIA) : Realtek 8180 (10EC:8180) (NOT working) (I know it is old:P )

So far I know it can detect my card, I can see if with "lspci -nn", and I can read the vendor id=10EC, and device ID=8180.

And the card shows up on the top menu-bar with an icon. If I click on that icon, it gives a drop down menu with option

"Unknown Vendor" (grayed)

"Ethernet Controller" (grayed)

"Power off Card" (clickable)

I've tried to tweak the configuratio file for IO80211Family a little bit, but so far without success. I was wondering if there is any general PCIMIA wireless card driver for use.

Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone:

I've just installed the iAtkos v1.0r2+EqUaTe patch (a.k.a i1.0r3) on my old laptop, here is the spec:

Toshiba Satellite 2410 (6FQEJ)

P4-M 1.8 Hz (SSE2 only)

Intel 845 Chipset

Geforce Mobile 420 Go (32M) (working with Titan Driver)

LAN Card: Intel PRO/100 VE (ICH3) (8086:1031) (working)

Wireless Card(external PCIMIA) : Realtek 8180 (10EC:8180) (NOT working) (I know it is old:P )

So far I know it can detect my card, I can see if with "lspci -nn", and I can read the vendor id=10EC, and device ID=8180.

And the card shows up on the top menu-bar with an icon. If I click on that icon, it gives a drop down menu with option

"Unknown Vendor" (grayed)

"Ethernet Controller" (grayed)

"Power off Card" (clickable)

I've tried to tweak the configuratio file for IO80211Family a little bit, but so far without success. I was wondering if there is any general PCIMIA wireless card driver for use.

Thanks for the help!

I had a same question with you for PCIMIA.

• 4 months later...