Triple screen and dual Sapphire 4870 1Go on Lion

M600

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I stumbled across my baddest idea of the month, installing OSX on that rig, here begin my nightmare.

Four days. Four WHOLE days spend on that machine and it's still screwed. Here is the specs of the machine:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus Formula (BIOS Rampage 0219)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

RAM: 8Gb total made of 4x2Gb Patriot whatever (can't remember)

GPU 1: Sapphire 4870 1Go (Blue PCB, devid 0x9440, revid 0x0000)

GPU 2: Sapphire 4870 1Go (Blue PCB, devid 0x9440, revid 0x0000)

Sound: SB Audigy SE

And that's all worth to mention. :D

After using iAtkos L1 to get it boot up and installed (I did try to use the OsX Lion app from my mac but i fail countless time with boot loader error, not recognized, and blabla), upgrading Chameleon to the last build using Chameleon Wizard, I felt on the first major failure.

Memory allocation error 0xdeadbeef ati.c line 870

Solved with an AtiConfig line on boot. But i ran out of idea to get the THREE screen working perfectly. Now, i got all of them working

BUT i got a ghost monitor and the second output on my first card got a weird resolution (around 1400x1050), no matter the control panel tell me it's on 1920x1080 which is obviously not the case (22" HD).

Here is what i already tried:

- No additional kext(stock lion 10.7.1)

- Aty_init

- All variation of AtiConfig

- GraphicsEnabler Yes or No

- ATI 48xx patch from netkas.org in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] tool

- ATI 48xx Device Injector from the same above

I'm about to get mad. Did someone already successfully work with double Sapphire 4870 1Go on Three screen?

Sorry if i misspelled or so, English is not my main language, I still learn.

BONUS Stage:

- Someone got a kext for an Audigy SE?

- A solution for a PC keyboard (Logitech G15) to map correctly under osx?

Thanks a lot for taking time to read me.

Best regards, M600.

Hello TH3L4UGH1NGM4N,

I first get only one GPU running and i also got trouble. The second display is not recognized and I can only be under mirror'ed mode since it just can't detect my second display, even if I spam the button!

Still dig in :/