Realtek ALC662 working on 32/ 64bit

LifeOnRice

3 posts in this topic

HAHA! Working both 32/64 bit ALC662 Onboard Audio

1) remove anything permitted to audio enabling (AppleHDA, VoodooHDA, AppleAzaliaAudio, etc..)

2) Run Disk Permissions with Disk Utility, Kext Wizard, Kext Utility... (Prefer running Disk Utility and then Kext Utility)

3) Reboot

4) Put the AppleHDA.kext to System/Library/ Extensions

5)Put the ALC662.kext on Extra/Extensions

6) Put the dsdt.aml to /Extra

7) Run Terminal and type this:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x62\x06\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

8) Run Disk Utility first and then.. kext utility

9) Reboot

10) If it worked, go eat rice

If not... Leave comments so i can help

ALC662_in_64bit.zip

Is this DSDT board specific or is it across boards / or for 10.6.7. I tried this install on a Asus F6V, among several 10's of other installs, and got a panic on reboot. Right offhand I seem to remember something about 3 threads but only found 2. Of course it could be something I didnt do correctly, Ive only been attempting this for a week, and spent my weekend researching various posts, and found out that with extensive background in both windows and linux, osx is kicking my ... hind quarters in the audio department. Im just to the point im admitting im stuck and need someone more experienced. USB audio works great, but who wants to lug around an external sound card on a portable solution?

Sound is the only thing that is preventing this install from being complete. When I get back in front of the laptop again, I wil redo and double check and if it happens again I will be back with more details.

The audio chip is Realtek ALC662 rev1. Apparently a very evil chip to deal with!

VoodooHDA gives me microphone sound output on the speakers, and the microphone in general does work, just no sound out. So im close to something, just not what I need.

OK the exact error message is:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x296dd1): "Should have 2 Threads, but only found 3 for Die 0"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.37/osfmk/i386/cpu_threads.c:1141

Edit : removing the dsdt from the install disk terminal resolves that issue and it boots normally. So I must need one specific to my hardware. Time for more research looks like