Kernel panic iaktos s3 v2 installation

a3yu

11 posts in this topic

During the installation of iaktos s3 v2 after 5/6 minutes of installing process ,i have kernel panic message !!! getPhysicalSegment() out of 32b range and a lot of other words!!!

PLS HELP!!!

During the installation of iaktos s3 v2 after 5/6 minutes of installing process ,i have kernel panic message !!! getPhysicalSegment() out of 32b range and a lot of other words!!!

PLS HELP!!!

You need to post the specs of the machine you're having the issue on before anyone can help you.

look at the signature

Processore : AMD Athlon II X2 250 Dual Core 3.00 GHz

Mobo: ASRock N68C-S UCC || Gpu(esterna) : Nvidia 8600gt 256 Mb || Audio(integrato): 5.1 CH HD Audio

Chipset :Nvidia nForce 630a

Ram : 2x 2 GB DDR2/800 || Dvd : LG ide

HD : Western Digital 500 Gb 7200 RPM Sata

Dettagli : www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68C-S%20UCC&cat=Specifications

look at the signature

Processore : AMD Athlon II X2 250 Dual Core 3.00 GHz

Mobo: ASRock N68C-S UCC || Gpu(esterna) : Nvidia 8600gt 256 Mb || Audio(integrato): 5.1 CH HD Audio

Chipset :Nvidia nForce 630a

Ram : 2x 2 GB DDR2/800 || Dvd : LG ide

HD : Western Digital 500 Gb 7200 RPM Sata

Dettagli : www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68C-S%20UCC&cat=Specifications

You didn't specify that you were using that computer.

Look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82546

It looks like you're doing a 32-bit install and it's trying to address more RAM than it can. Take 1GB of RAM out of your machine and try again.

OK DONE!!! 100% working!

only one problem. how can i use 4 gb now ?? is there a way for not have kernel panic ?

Well, I'm not sure. By default I think iATKOS S3 v2 installs the 64-bit kernel, unless you manually chose the 32-bit one. In that case you'd need to reinstall without selecting 32-bit options. If you didn't change anything, then I really don't know. You can try just putting it in there now that it's installed since you mentioned it happening during the installation process. You may just be stuck with 2GB.

i've upgraded to 10.6.6 with legacy kernel , all ok

than i've booted in 64 bit but in system profiler -->software it does't see 64 bit mode.

after i installe chameleon RC5 boot in 64 bit mode bat i've got kernel panic from iopcifamily an ioacpifamily.

how can i do to boot 64 bit ???

• 1 year later...

Hey guys!

I stumbled upon this thread thanks to a kernel error I have been getting. I am using iAtkos S3 for my OSX source.

My build has 4 1gb sticks, I removed one, and problem happenned again. I removed 2 and went to make breakfast, when I came back up, the installer had gone all the way back to the welcome, choose your language screen. Now I do not know what happened in the in between with the installer that made it go back all the way, but I do know that I tried resume just for kicks before I went for breakfast and when I came back and went trough the motion of hitting install, it did not have a resume option, which leads me to believe that the resume had some corrupted files and it decided to clean it out and restart, leaving me back at ground 0.

Using a very weird and stupid way of determining what a computer is doing, I can tell you that, it was getting hung up about 5 mins in, on the lower left corner of the X in the installer, right now, it is halfway trough the right side of the X, so I think it is working.

I want to say THANK YOU gehrc!!!!! for that simple fix, in the hundreds of pages I have been looking at to make a hackintosh work, you are the first person to even mention "too much RAM", which is something I told my GF and she looked at me with the most weird face in the world. Who would have thought, yeah, use less RAM, cuz I sure as hell didn't.

EDIT!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I finally installed OSX On my spare computer, YAY!!!! But, here is where things go sour again, I ran into this error message plenty times, with a AMD, Intel, different HDs, different OS versions, in fact, it seems to be the most popular error message, the whole waiting for root device. I guess I need to browse some more for a fix for that. Still, this is the furthest into this I have been!