problems installing on msi 870a-g54

xNASAx

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, Im having a ton of problems installing SL on my PC. I have searched all over this forum before signing up looking for the answer, I have tried uphuck and tonymacs blog with no luck as well.

I have tried

iatkos s3 v2 - can boot to the installer but installer fails when trying to verify 10.6.3.intel.pkg

iatkos s3 - can boot to the installer but installer fails when trying to verify 10.6.3.intel.pkg

snowosx - i can enter in boot flags but once the DVD loads darwin/kernel - goes to black screen

SL Hazard - can enter in boot flags but once DVD loads darwin/kernel - system reboots

EMPIRE EFI/Retail disc - retail disc fails when trying to verify essentials.pkg

I have tried with every boot flag imaginable

-v -x arch=i386 cpus=1 fsb=2000000 /fsb=20/ fsb= 14 -F you name it i prolly tried it.

I have no idea if these fails have to do with my motherboard/my bios settings/hardware/corrupt discs/discs burnt at a bad speed. any insight would be awesome. I have a feeling my 5830 is not supported.

I have tried with both IDE and sata disc drives, IDE and SATA hard drives

I have heard things about trying to get my DSDT and booting from USB using another mac. i dont understand what my dsdt is and how to get it for my motherboard.

Ill list my hardware and see if this helps.

MSI 870a-g54

Gigabyte Radeon 5830

OCZ 1066 DDR3

Phenom II x6 1055T

Thx.

• 11 months later...

Same Problem as You My friend. Tried Everything IDE drives SATA AHCI bootflags all of it even IDE jumper settings and DUAL HDDS.

SPECS:

MSI 870-g45

AMD Phenom II 1100T x6 3.3GHZ

OCZ 4GB DDR3

300WDRAPTOR SATA

120gb MAXTOR IDE(MASTER,SLAVE tried BOTH even CS)

XFX RADEON HD5750 1GB GDDR5