10.6.4 & Intel D510MO

David Huang

2 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...

maybe a process i just used for a board i have which is just like this one might work

I am using the ION G-E which also runs on the atom 330, it also hangs at the boot if trying to install osx using it.

the process i used was to

1. get a sata/ide to usb (depends on which type your using)

2. install osx to that hard drive using a different computer that is at least able to boot into the install procedure using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or whatever boot device/disk you use.

3. using another mac (preferably) or hackintosh, install whatever combo update you want (only up to 10.6.6)

4. next you need to install these files to the disk using your mac/hackintosh (or pc using macdrive). this pack includes an Extra folder which is to be placed at the root of the drive, it also includes chameleon which has its own installer.

5. if you are using a mac or hackintosh you use theOSX86 Tools to install the corresponding kernel for whatever version of osx you have installed. you can find the kernel here.

6. now you reconnect the drive to your board and boot (make sure you set it to AHCI mode in the bios or else it wont boot)

i hope this helps, i will be testing this at sometime in the future cause i also own a D510MO, i just currently dont have a hard drive or memory for it. so if someone else could try it and let me know if it works.

Also please credit iba21 for the files and links