Installation help for Acer Aspire 6935

T1133

6 posts in this topic

I would really much like to install Mac OS X on my Acer Aspire 6935, and I've tried a lot of methods unsuccessfully, because I pretty much don't have a clue. I tried some tutorials but none seemed to work. I know how to partition and all that, but all my installs have failed. Could somebody tell me what version of 0sx86 and what configurations I should use?

My specs:

Acer Aspire 6935

Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile P7350 2,00 GHz Mobile Intel PM45 Express Chipset

4GB RAM

NVidia GeForce 9600m GT 512 Mb

Sound Card: Integrated Dolby Digital

I would really like this to work for my computer. Any help will are rewarded with thanks, hopefully some of you can provide full instructions for installation. Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

I have successfully installed iPC 10.5.6 on my aspire 6935G... i installed the nvidia 9xxx drivers, all the alc drivers, the ichx driver, the USB mountfix, the ps/2 support fix and all apps.. worsks fine

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would really much like to install Mac OS X on my Acer Aspire 6935, and I've tried a lot of methods unsuccessfully, because I pretty much don't have a clue. I tried some tutorials but none seemed to work. I know how to partition and all that, but all my installs have failed. Could somebody tell me what version of 0sx86 and what configurations I should use?

My specs:

Acer Aspire 6935

Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile P7350 2,00 GHz Mobile Intel PM45 Express Chipset

4GB RAM

NVidia GeForce 9600m GT 512 Mb

Sound Card: Integrated Dolby Digital

I would really like this to work for my computer. Any help will are rewarded with thanks, hopefully some of you can provide full instructions for installation. Thanks in advance!

hahaaa, its your LUCKY DAYYYYY :)

spent months tryingto work it out on my acer aspire 6935g,

basically :- i used iatkos v7 and bought an ePCI dell broadcom wifi adapter (£12 off ebay) to replace my standard intel one that is onboard....very easy changeover!

sadly i have my notes on a pad at the shop so i just thought id let you know to get on the search for the iatkos v7 iso

( MD5 (/Volumes/Data/iATKOS_v7/iATKOS_v7.iso) = 6395be5253f53f716ed042db1dd599f3)

ill root the notes out and post them up tomorrow for you to follow, it will turn your acer aspire into an almost perfect macbook pro, everything works as it would out the box except for bluetooth....but i think further

digging may get that to work after checking out the mac minis airport im thinking of having a play ;D

ill pop by tomorrow to update my post :)

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...es#Aspire_6935G

look here its working perfectly for the acer

i tried that one werfolf but didnt work 100% had real bugs with acer bluetooth module giving me the restart/shutdown dialogue box, sound being crackly & windows not refreshing fast enuf...sorta stuttering??

iatkos 7 is the one but another couple of kexts need to be enabled to get it 100% :)

i used a mixture of that tute and this one....

http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide-w-pho...g-iatkos-t3357/

After tryin a load of drivers and leaving a load out this is the config i got working 100% for me,

tick all of the drivers mentioned below, looking at it it may seem confusing but when the menu is on scren in the "CUSTOMISATION" just before u click on install (same screen)

another BAD bug i found was if you dont have the bluetooth module lit up when it finally installs it acts as an SHUTDOWN/RESTART button and will crash your laptop in seconds.

go into disc editor & partition drive to use full disc and guid partition

TICK all appropriate boxes in submenus

Iatkos essential system

Bootloader - chameleon 2

x2 patches /Extra/DSDT/Decrypter/Apple SMBIOS Netkas

ACPI/x86 ACPI/Disabler

(NO VGA STRINGS) but tick BOTH nvenabler & GT200 EVGA Driver

Drivers/System/ Sata-AHCI

Voodoo HDA

Intel Speedstep (both in submenu)

Apple PS2

Laptop Battery

NTFS 3G

i couldnt get Lan or wireless to work off the iatkos pack butr downloaded the attensic.kext and used kexthelper to install it correctly, and used the zydas usb driver for my old WifiMax card for psp for wifi connection until my dell/broadcom wifi card came from ebay

for dual boot for XP use the iatkos disk to shrink mac partition to whatever size u require and format other portion to ntfs, run windows disc as normal and reformat as you install but leave partition data as normal but format remaining disk space and when it gives u the warning you wont be able to boot into the alternate OS (blah Blah) just go ahead!

when installed you can run iatkos, go into chameleon installer and choos your mac drive as the boot drive and windwos appears in chameleons boot options and looks the part ;D

if you need any more help or get stuck with the drivers cos i know theyre brief notes but id gladly reinstall to an external or usb pen drive to go thru the process in better detail, if so you can get hold of me at mick@theinkspot.me

• 3 months later...

now running snow leopard 10.6.3, search google for "myhack 1.1" or "[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]" they both work equally as well but myhack is whats on my system now, same bios config as before :)

• 2 weeks later...

MickMog

i runing now 10.6.4 before 10.6.3 ,please can u answer me do u have sleep working?

i trying but no god,only time i have sleep is when i boot from cd-[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] then pick snow partition.

thanks