boot0 error vmware

9 posts in this topic

hi at all, i try to virtualisation the xp partition, but when I try to start the virtual machine there is a boot0: error

My HHD have:

-Xp partition

-data

- Osx partition

I try with osx partition as boot and darwin boot, with xp partition as boot, with xp partition as boot and whit chain0 boot, with osx partition as boot and chain0 boot but nothing, have you got any suggest?

excuse me for bad english :wacko:

kikko088

What I did to solve this was the following:

1 - boot into osx

2 - get into the terminal

3 - set your windows partition active (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844)

4 - windows will now boot in vmware (if your bootcamp partition data is still there, remove it by left clicking, show in finder and delete that file that comes up)

5 - it will now boot and you can change your active partition again

Good luck :(

What I did to solve this was the following:

1 - boot into osx

2 - get into the terminal

3 - set your windows partition active (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844)

4 - windows will now boot in vmware (if your bootcamp partition data is still there, remove it by left clicking, show in finder and delete that file that comes up)

5 - it will now boot and you can change your active partition again

Good luck :rolleyes:

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK. I've been lurking around for a while and finally had a reason to post.

I have a XP Pro SP3 partition found by my VMWare as Boot Camp Partition. I tried the above but it didn't work.

I have a 95% functional Hackintosh. But this one thing is killing me.

@ keypox

I'll be trying this tonight. I'll let you know if it works. Have you tried it and gotten the boot0 error?

• 1 year later...

Hello :)

I've made the Windows Partition Active and Boot0 error no longer appears but Windows Bootmanager gives me a freaking error saying that due to an Hardware Change, it can't boot :S

"Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible."

I've not tried to boot natively, only via VmWare Fusion, but i'm a little bit afraid that no longer boots :S

Can someone please help me? Thanks :)