Leo4Allv3 Install on a IBM T41P Laptop *Small Howto*

thadude

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

This is my first post and I just wanted to share some experiences I went through getting the Leo4All working on a T41P Laptop. I read a lot of posts and different forums and saw all the problems I was experiencing but didnt see the answers very clearly. So I figured I would try sharing them with everyone incase anyone has the same problems I did.

First I tried using Leo4Allv2 however it would not successfully boot. It would get stuck after trying to load the kernel. I believe after loading EFI.

So I downloaded Leo4Allv3.

I was able to install this successfully but was unable to reboot. It would just hang with some Sector Error. (Normally Only AMD according to the posts)

I proceeding to reinstall again, this time going through a trial and error process.

The settings that worked for me are as follows. (Sorry I forgot the exact names of the menu options)

Step 1

Disk Utility - Create a Partition(Format it with MAC OS Extended (Journaled))

Disk Utility - Make sure the partition Map Scheme is Master Boot Record

Step 2

Select Components ( This is the part I wasnt doing properly)

For the IBM t41p model I needed the following

-Chipsets - Intel ICHX (If this was not checked the boot up would just hang after loading the kernel...."Waiting on Boot Device")

-ACPIPPlatform - Select the "old" acpi Mode ( If this wasnt checked the kernel would not boot after reboot.)

-Kernel - Use the standard kernel 2.2.0

Step 3

Finish the install

Now you can either go into single user mode and create a new user or just use the gui( I think, worked for me not sure of the side effects)

I know this isnt the best, but I just wanted others with the same problems to know it is possible. Maybe I will reinstall and get the correct names and steps for everything.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I'm starting a fresh Leo4All v3 install on a IBM T41P Laptop

I see the following in Customize:

- Vanilla kernal 9.2.0

- Vanilla kernal 9.2.2

- Kernal-9.2.0 (Default selected)

- Kernal-9.2.0-Sleep

- Kernal-9.2.2

Which one should I use.? Because as per your previous post I couldn't see any option to choose " Kernel - Use the standard kernel 2.2.0 " when I go to customise.

Your help is highly appreciated as my T41P is not at all booting after the successful installation. Since the machine is of the same model which works for you, I'm sure that I'm very closer to make the Leopard work on T41P.

Thanks and Regards

MVSTALLGUY

• 2 weeks later...