QE_CI Exotic Patch Mountain Lion 10.8.5

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hi :)

here's QE_CI Exotic patch for the public OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 update and HD 48xx series cards!!!

Please share your feedback!!!

What's New in Version Mountain Lion 10.8.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

HD4850: Transparency, Lunchpad, quicktime, vlc etc work totally fine. Unigine Heaven benchmark still doesn't work.

It doesn't seem to work for me with a 4890.  It reports that the card has a driver loaded, card works fine but I don't get ripple effects on dashboard.

My bad, hadn't loaded the Kext correctly, all seems to work fine now with the 4890, many thanks for the work :)

• Like 1

It's not working for me. At boot I got an AppleHDAController error with this message: "IOGraphicsFamily not found".

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512MB (94421002). Exotic Patch was working for 10.8 ~ 10.8.4 without GraphicsEnabler. Now it not works, with or without GraphicsEnabler.

I have already checked permissions. Any ideas?

Sorry. I solved it with a clean install.

• Like 1

Thanks for the updated file, fantomas1. You're doing the community a *great* service!

Setup: Sapphire HD4890 1GB (0x9460) + GT120

Some feedback: After a fresh 10.8.5 install, I installed this update and the 4890 is having the following graphical errors:

Notifications Center: 

- the pane stutters during both in/out animation

- there are artifacts, red blocks and horizontal lines within the pane during animation

- apart from the animation, it works fine

Dashboard (when set as a space): 

- both screens lag and stutter during both in/out animation

- the 4890's screen shows horizontal lines moving up the screen as if it is refreshing

- apart from the animation issues, it works fine

YouTube:

- jittery playback (this might be a 10.8.5 issue according to some online accounts)

- however, local video playback is fine

It's not working for me. At boot I got an AppleHDAController error with this message: "IOGraphicsFamily not found".

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512MB (94421002). Exotic Patch was working for 10.8 ~ 10.8.4 without GraphicsEnabler. Now it not works, with or without GraphicsEnabler.

I have already checked permissions. Any ideas?

Sorry. I solved it with a clean install.

^_^

thankyou for this… 2008 mac pro lives on with an aftermarket ATI Radeon HD 4890