Yosemite_Public_Beta2_MBR_Patch

About This File

Patched OSInstall.mpkg and OSInstaller.framework to allow OS X 10.10 Public Beta2 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

After creating the installer, copy those files like that:

OSInstall.mpkg to /System/Installation/Packages

OSInstaller.framework to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks

The patch is made on 落下爱@pcbeta patch method

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1517340-1-1.html

What's New in Version 08/27/2014 06:43 AM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Please first the backup OSInstall.pkg and PrivateFrameworks and put the MBR Patch for @fantomas1.

look, fantomas1, i have a mbr partition scheme and i didnt use any patch and could install normally. worth check if this was an anomaly or if the patch for this version is not needed at all.

yes crazybirdy

I took a look on that one you posted on HackintoshOSX

and yes it should work fine on this beta

Don't worry, I'm not trying to steal the work of others and  I don't run behind credits. If you look closely, I put credits to @pcbeta as you did to your post but I couldn't put him as author of this work as he's not a member of our forum

I just wanted to try DP1 MBR patch with this OSInstall.mpkg from "Install OS X Yosemite Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/OSInstall.mpkg"

and it works fine, I tested it before

:)

Hi fantomas1, I applied this patch to the USB installer and then run the installer directly from the USB in Mavericks. I still couldn't select MBR partition to install to. You have any advice ? Thanks  

hi Sim

run the installer directly from the USB in Mavericks.

what if you boot on your USB Installer at first and then try to create your MBR partition?