Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

We are back! With a new style and many others features.


Allan
  • InsanelyMac, the home of OSx86 are back!

We are so exciting about this new update. Now we implement all the new features in our Forum.

So, if the Forum are a bit slow, please be patience, our Admins are doing a great and hard (very hard) job to keep the Forum amazing as always.

;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



@Poco

Wow looks great! Nice changes and glad fixes/updates are coming. 

Thx!

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys, do we still have our Wiki anywhere? Will it be added back? I kinda missed the information posted there. Maybe an updated version would be cool to have, if possible?

Also, possibly a small bug to fix. In the Unread Content section, Ownership, Read Status and Following filters seem to be displayed twice, for some reason.

5aa82fcd185c0_ScreenShot2018-03-13at22_07_20.thumb.png.d8d46d80c812872eabd7a81a48ff10a4.png

Also, and I feel like this has been posted before, but I could be wrong... So, I apologise if this has been previously discussed (and concluded) before.

There are some permission issues in some of the forum's sections. Such as the one for Clover, for example. I cannot reply to any of the topics posted there. But apparently people can start new topics. Which...well, if you can't reply to those topics and help those people, kinda defeats the purpose of allowing new threads to be created in the first place. :) 

Edited by arsradu

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Also, and I feel like this has been posted before, but I could be wrong... So, I apologise if this has been previously discussed (and concluded) before.

There are some permission issues in some of the forum's sections. Such as the one for Clover, for example. I cannot reply to any of the topics posted there. But apparently people can start new topics. Which...well, if you can't reply to those topics and help those people, kinda defeats the purpose of allowing new threads to be created in the first place. :) 

I already explained here ^_^

Try now

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, fantomas1 said:

I already explained here ^_^

Try now

 

I knew I saw that somewhere! :D Many thanks, for the explanation, and the fix to reply to threads in the Clover section. Thank you very much.

Edited by arsradu

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The GUI is , little by little, better, clearer, more modern, and , why not , nice.

Just, I feel that the line spacing is maybe too much big, specially in the signature area, which now looks huge and disproportionate

But my main suggest is ask eliminate the feature of show the inital post in every page of a thread, framed as "question" box. This is specially annoying in long-guides threads.

And ask, if it is possible, return the show bbcode button in answer boxes. Because , copy - paste text in original bbcode is the only way to share long texts between editors and forums.

 

Thanks, and thanks for the hard job.

Edited by bilbo

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bilbo said:

But my main suggest is ask eliminate the feature of show the inital post in every page of a thread. This, specially annoying in long-guides threads.

And ask, if it is possible, return the show bbcode button in answer boxes. Because , copy - paste text in original bbcode is the only way to share long texts between editors and forums.

+1 to both of these.  The first-post-always-at-top is nice in principle, but in some threads it means you have to scroll a huge amount on every page, because the OP is really long.  I don't think the benefit of seeing the OP always is worth all this extra scrolling in so many threads.  

Or maybe a compromise - if it's possible - would be if the first post is there, but collapsed/hidden by default?  So the user can press a + to expand it if desired, but it doesn't display always for all users.  As if the first post was in a Spoiler tag.

And yeah the post editor is missing quite a few features and I really hope this will get looked at in time.

Edited by TheBloke

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ammoune78 said:

Is there anyone who has a problem attaching files, I always now have -200 error popup :(

Seems to work OK for me - tested here with my config.plist.

Have you tried logging out and back in?

config.plist

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was getting those, but the file was actually successfully attaching. I pinged the server guys, but there might be a delay

Poco

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

I've no problem uploading files in topics, but in PM :(

I don't know what is your issue its work here attaching file in PM :angel_not:

 

Capture.png

Edited by chris1111

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey chris1111, I'm having problem to upload or attach files from Personal Message, when I click on attach files and then choose the file, it begin uploading but two seconds after a popup shows error -200 

 5aa87fbf22a95_ScreenShot2018-03-14at1_48_33AM.thumb.png.91cf754009f220415ef2eab3921f7c60.png

I don't know because after forum opened I no longer sign in with my username, now i have to enter ammoune78 instead of aminamart as username and enter my earlier password to access the forum, strange after the update but I don't know if it's normal?

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Hey chris1111, I'm having problem to upload or attach files from Personal Message, when I click on attach files and then choose the file, it begin uploading but two seconds after a popup shows error -200 

 5aa87fbf22a95_ScreenShot2018-03-14at1_48_33AM.thumb.png.91cf754009f220415ef2eab3921f7c60.png

I don't know because after forum opened I no longer sign in with my username, now i have to enter ammoune78 instead of aminamart as username and enter my earlier password to access the forum, strange after the update but I don't know if it's normal?

 

Did you Zip the file ?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Yes :(

The file is probably too big. I think the limit is around 1MB by default. Could you try again, with a smaller file, just to see if that's the case here?

Edited by arsradu

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, about 9MB, i've tried a small file and it worked, but why before the Forum update i was able to upload same file size 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bilbo said:

my main suggest is ask eliminate the feature of show the inital post in every page of a thread, framed as "question" box. This is specially annoying in long-guides threads.

9 hours ago, TheBloke said:

+1 to both of these.  The first-post-always-at-top is nice in principle, but in some threads it means you have to scroll a huge amount on every page, because the OP is really long.  I don't think the benefit of seeing the OP always is worth all this extra scrolling in so many threads.

I hate 'question' forum layout as well, it is why I already made all changes - Do not know if someone (re)made changes or if I forgot some. Could you give me an example, please????

 

7 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Hey chris1111, I'm having problem to upload or attach files from Personal Message, when I click on attach files and then choose the file, it begin uploading but two seconds after a popup shows error -200

I don't know because after forum opened I no longer sign in with my username, now i have to enter ammoune78 instead of aminamart as username and enter my earlier password to access the forum, strange after the update but I don't know if it's normal?

 

Regular users have no ability to upload attachments through PM - Do not know if this will change but it is what we had with previous forum version.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Yes, about 9MB, i've tried a small file and it worked, but why before the Forum update i was able to upload same file size 

I'd say it's something from the new template. :) Not sure which settings the old forum had. But I do remember we had a limit of 10MB, if I'm not mistaken... I could be wrong though. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2018 at 10:21 AM, fabiosun said:

home page before login

Is it right so?

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 10.18.01 AM.png

Fixed!

There was a display issue with attachment (post #1) since we upgraded. There were a lot of changes between the old forum (software) version and the new one, so do not be too much surprised if there's still some display issues.  :)

But be sure that our administrators do their best to fix all remaining problems.  ;)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes i agree, but i was able to upload files like ROM's with Ozmosis and it's stuffs, i've catched one and here's it's screenshot from my previous ROM file uploading to an friend user:

Uploading.thumb.png.9fb23640e8cbe1cc6ae2f164ba9f3941.png

 

The file size was about 5,5 MB, but as arsradu said it's about 10 MB limit! And i don't know about the changes made for my login things, but as I remember, I did a change for username ammoune78 maybe 4 years ago and it never requested that username on login instance until this big update

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fantomas1 said:

Fixed!

There was a display issue with attachment (post #1) since we upgraded. There were a lot of changes between the old forum (software) version and the new one, so do not be too much surprised if there's still some display issues.  :)

But be sure that our administrators do their best to fix all remaining problems.  ;)

confirmed

Thank you all :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ammoune78

I replied to this:

7 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

I'm having problem to upload or attach files from Personal Message

But yes, regular users have 10MB storage space limit per item

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fantomas1 said:

I hate 'question' forum layout as well, it is why I already made all changes - Do not know if someone (re)made changes or if I forgot some. Could you give me an example, please????

This one

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


×