Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

We are back! With a new style and many others features.


Allan
  • InsanelyMac, the home of OSx86 are back!

We are so exciting about this new update. Now we implement all the new features in our Forum.

So, if the Forum are a bit slow, please be patience, our Admins are doing a great and hard (very hard) job to keep the Forum amazing as always.

;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0


User Feedback

Recommended Comments



 
The site is unusable for me entirely. It takes minutes for pages to load and random black boxes appear every where while scrolling. Apparently if there are any when I started typing, they move around. I have 100Mbps internet, every other site loads in an instant, not even noticeable, and I'm copying 48GB to cloud drive and streaming in 1080p. I only see these boxes on this site. The problem is insanelymac.


I know your problem has taken long since the big update, from your first post here on for this issue!

I think it’s related to your browser, i don’t have same ads like you, but for sure it’s insanelymac problem, just deal with that until fixing it!

I have shame because i still haven’t donated yet, but if i donate and when I have money it will be for the love of this website.


I’m using Tapatalk right now

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ammoune78 said:

I know your problem has taken long since the big update, from your first post here on for this issue!
I think it’s related to your browser, i don’t have same ads like you, but for sure it’s insanelymac problem, just deal with that until fixing it!
I have shame because i still haven’t donated yet, but if i donate and when I have money it will be for the love of this website.

 

 

I would say it's related to the browser too but it happens in chrome, firefox, and edge.... I haven't tried it in safari. And only happens on insanelymac. I think it has to do with pages that have attachments. Because this page does not seem to do it but going to the previous page, it checkerboards the whole page randomly right away.

I didn't mean that you should have to donate but I think that getting rid of ads might be a pretty good incentive to donating though or actively supporting this entire community. Also I think that devs and mods should not have ads either since without them this site probably wouldn't be as good.

Edited by apianti

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's possible it's related to the scrolling ad, but I'm not entirely sure - I haven't been able to reproduce this at all.

 

My loading times are a bit up and down, sometimes unusable, sometimes it works

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apianti said:

 

I would say it's related to the browser too but it happens in chrome, firefox, and edge.... I haven't tried it in safari. And only happens on insanelymac. I think it has to do with pages that have attachments. Because this page does not seem to do it but going to the previous page, it checkerboards the whole page randomly right away.

I didn't mean that you should have to donate but I think that getting rid of ads might be a pretty good incentive to donating though or actively supporting this entire community. Also I think that devs and mods should not have ads either since without them this site probably wouldn't be as good.

 

2 hours ago, Poco said:

It's possible it's related to the scrolling ad, but I'm not entirely sure - I haven't been able to reproduce this at all.

 

My loading times are a bit up and down, sometimes unusable, sometimes it works

 

i confirm from my desktop to, on safari and google chrome i only have 3 ads, one on the top of the page and two others on the right side of the page, but nothing intenpestive, and one video ad between the first post and the second, it stay there and doesn't follow when scroling, only one ad follow the screen when scroling, the third on the bottom. Loading pages are in the same speed as for other websites, maybe @apianti you work on toohigh resolution screen i think?

Edited by ammoune78

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

i confirm from my desktop to, on safari and google chrome i only have 3 ads, one on the top of the page and two others on the right side of the page, but nothing intenpestive, and one video ad between the first post and the second, it stay there and doesn't follow when scroling, only one ad follow the screen when scroling, the third on the bottom. Loading pages are in the same speed as for other websites, maybe @apianti you work on toohigh resolution screen i think?

 

I have two 1080p displays, I used to have three but I accidentally knocked by my 27" over and it cracked the led backlight... I can confirm it only happens on pages with attachments. I went through the site and the pages without attachments are fine, with attachments I get black boxes.

 

10 hours ago, Poco said:

It's possible it's related to the scrolling ad, but I'm not entirely sure - I haven't been able to reproduce this at all.

 

My loading times are a bit up and down, sometimes unusable, sometimes it works

 

My load times are are abysmal. Currently there are less than 500 people using the site and it takes a noticeable amount of time for each page to load. On the contrary, I can go to any other website and it loads without pause in milliseconds. This site takes seconds to load, that's a huge difference.... I keep getting timeouts and bad gateway errors too because the load time is so long.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

are you sure you dont need shiki or intelgraphics fixup

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bronxteck said:

are you sure you dont need shiki or intelgraphics fixup

 

 

Me? This is in Windows 10.... So no.

 

EDIT: Probably the most annoying thing is it takes forever to save a comment/edit, this comment took two minutes and twelve seconds to save. Unsure how long this edit will take.

EDIT2: Of course that edit took only five seconds..... Blah.

Edited by apianti

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I miss post numbers (the link for the post date/time replaces this? I'll test it here: 

That seems to take more space than it needs to...)

 

I also miss "Go to first unread" for each thread. The Notifications list shows a post more than once. It would be better if only the earliest notification was included as that would kind of act like "Go to first unread".

 

Also for loading pages, since it takes a long time (an annoying "Loading..." message appears),  what I do now is before I read page n (e.g. 10), I right click page n+1 (e.g. 11) and select "Open Link in New Tab" so I never have to see the Loading message. Then I close the tab for page 10 when I'm done reading it and the tab for page 11 is already loaded and ready to read. Rinse and repeat.

 

Edited by joevt

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joevt said:

I miss post numbers (the link for the post date/time replaces this? I'll test it here: 

That seems to take more space than it needs to...)

 

I also miss "Go to first unread" for each thread. The Notifications list shows a post more than once. It would be better if only the earliest notification was included as that would kind of act like "Go to first unread".

 

Also for loading pages, since it takes a long time (an annoying "Loading..." message appears),  what I do now is before I read page n (e.g. 10), I right click page n+1 (e.g. 11) and select "Open Link in New Tab" so I never have to see the Loading message. Then I close the tab for page 10 when I'm done reading it and the tab for page 11 is already loaded and ready to read. Rinse and repeat.

 

 

I agree about post numbers, I liked them because you could easily reference that. I also have to just open each page n+1 immediately in a new tab when I get to page n because I would spend more time waiting for loading than for reading the page itself most of the time.... I'm sure there are many users who think nothing of it, but damn I'm used to everything loading instantly without any lag...

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand the Notifications list at all. I clicked on all of them (a couple pages), then read them all, and I still see two pages of notifications. Shouldn't they disappear if they are no longer relevant?

 

What's the difference between bold and plain font links in the notifications list?

 

I don't see a way to know what posts of threads are new since the last time I viewed the post.

 

The "Unread Content" buttons are useless because it includes every post.

"Mark site read" is useless because I don't plan to read every thread, but there are threads I follow that I don't want to mark as read.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@apianti is not alone
In the recent test phases of insanelyMac themes, there were no ads and everything worked better
It works also without. Where is the truth now that you have no control over it?
If the site is no longer affordable, then you have to be honest.
With the new forum software, many things have become negative. Only a few things are positive too.
Since the new forum software, I do not get an email notification anymore, no matter what I set in the account setup. I only get messages if I go online. I've tried everything. Is funny with the new software.
With the advertising on the site, one can only work sporadically. It really is not fun. We are all here to help the community and because we enjoy it, but it will not work out.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple pointers:

1. There is a horizontal black line which shows the divide between new/old posts 

2. When viewing the topic list, clicking on the updated time (the date on the right side) brings you to the last unread post

 

To summarize the issues:

1. Post numbers are missing. I agree this was nice, so I'll see about putting it back

2. Site performance is bad (horrible) at times, and can be exacerbated by the ads to the point of being unusable

 

I have relayed the performance issue to the owners on a couple occasions now, and I hope there will be a fix at some point. The ads are really out of my control - I do not own the site and therefore cannot decide on monetization nor can I comment on how the site is doing financially. I have protested about the size/quantity of ads, but have no changes to report right now

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is now running quite well here, despite advertising and popup video's. Thanks to the team!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we please get back a "new content" button?

For me the timeline makes no sense, it probably makes sense for poorly visited forums to make it look more interesting, but here it is pretty useless

Most of the time it looks like this

 

joined

joined

joined

joined

joined

joined

joined

reacted

reacted

reacted

reacted

reacted

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

joined

joined

joined

joined

joined

joined

joined

reacted

reacted

reacted

reacted

reacted

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

pre-release Mojave

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the new feature has more control over what's showing to you. Truth be told, I also miss the simplicity of the old one. BUT, I actually created my own "preset" so that stuff like the things you posted above, don't show up in my feed, by default.

 

And now I wish that forum uploads would work (by the way, what happened to that?! I can't even upload a 20KB screenshot)...so I can show you with a picture how I configured mine.

 

So here's mine, from left to right (by the way, an Indent button would GREATLY help in this case):

 

Show me

     Items only

 

Content Types

     All content

 

Read Status

     Everything

 

Ownership

     I posted in

 

Following

     Everything

 

Time Period

     Any time

 

Sorting

     Newest first

Edited by arsradu

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to say, but we should rename 'insanelymac' to 'insanelyslow'.

 

Ever since this latest upgrade, this site has become unbearably slow, to the point that I really don't want to use it at all.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RehabMan said:

Sorry to say, but we should rename 'insanelymac' to 'insanelyslow'.

 

Ever since this latest upgrade, this site has become unbearably slow, to the point that I really don't want to use it at all.

 

I agree. And the ads man, they are unbearable if you aren't using an ad blocker. The videos I'm getting are local news clips from texas and california and stuff, it's not even ads, just news, lol.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apianti said:

 

I agree. And the ads man, they are unbearable if you aren't using an ad blocker. The videos I'm getting are local news clips from texas and california and stuff, it's not even ads, just news, lol.

 

I'm using an ad blocker, so haven't noticed the ads (people wouldn't resort to ad blockers if websites used ads responsibly).

Ad blockers also tend to speed things up... can't imagine how slow this site would be without an ad blocker.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I attribute the slow speed to the web host, not the build of the forum.  Since I am one of those people that have donated only my time to this forum, I try not to complain. I use an ad-blocker -- two actually.  It's amazing how many trackers there are on this forum that are picked up by Ghostery. Also, I check to see how many people are on the forum and when it's crowded, I recognize the impact that will have on the speed of pages loading and posts being saved.  Upload speeds for attachments, however, always seem to be reasonably fast.  I am grateful that the server for this forum is not in one of the admin's basement connected to a DSL line.  I've been a member of several forums over the years that were hosted in that manner.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Server response seems slow right now, we'll see after the migration what happens with the speed. Hopefully it will be improved :wub:

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Poco said:

Server response seems slow right now, we'll see after the migration what happens with the speed. Hopefully it will be improved :wub:

Thanks @Poco, hope you're fine there.

I just wonder why when loading to view a thread page via my old phone browser, SIMILAR CONTENTS (on right sidebar) exposed their full post (summarized then) so they make my phone becomes not responding.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Poco said:

The sidebar shouldn't be visible on mobile at all!

Uhmb, on my case.. it moved to the bottom of page. But, it helps us navigating similar topics.

Not a big problem in fact, hopefully will be better soon. Have a nice day! :)

Screenshot_2018-07-09-01-40-10.png

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


×