Jump to content

macOS Mojave - It's out!


Allan

The macOS Mojave final release it's out!

 

 

 

 

Some of the new things on this system.

Dark mode:

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 10.49.39.png



Desktop Stacks:

 

 

More improvements with screenshots:

 

 

And others very important:

  • Better Control of Your Data
  • Enhanced Tracking Prevention

  • Automatic Strong Passwords

 

As you guys are doing tests with the betas versions, maybe in this version all the things are going to be more stable.

Cross your fingers!! ;)

 

USB Installation using 'createinstallmedia' way:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB

Source: Apple

Edited by Allan
Title changed and command tool.



User Feedback

Recommended Comments



OFF TOPIC
 
did anyone meet this? I'm I alone?)
 
(already played with AptioMemoryFix.efi/ OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi/ OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi and checked RAM order)
EFI from working HighSierra

Captură de ecran din 2018.09.25 la 18.26.42.png

Edited by MICKHAEL

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Allan said:

Did you tried to clean up the NVRam, or tried boot without these .efi drivers?

without? I don't think so.. how about HFS and AptioFix?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

without? I don't think so.. how about HFS and AptioFix?

Do a test. If you use HFS+ keep using the right .efi driver, the same for APFS.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

could you post your config?

Are you preventing a reboot if KP case happen?

Have you updated USB port limit fix if you use it?

other ideas..

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, just want to ask if anyone can help regarding my issues.
I got purple/pink tint on the whole monitor when booting Mojave. Didn't have that on HS, really weird.

I don't use any graphic card, just plain integrated iGPU HD630

 

Edited by softoperator

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

could you post your config?

Are you preventing a reboot if KP case happen?

Have you updated USB port limit fix if you use it?

other ideas..

weeeelll its this old stupid MatchOS))) thanks thanks 

Captură de ecran din 2018.09.25 la 19.15.59.png

35 minutes ago, Allan said:

Do a test. If you use HFS+ keep using the right .efi driver, the same for APFS.

forget about MatchOS)) so stupid. thanks

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazybirdy said:

 

It is network issue.

 

Here is the error. You need to download again.

 

Downloading: InstallESDDmg.pkg ...

 

   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average
 59 5270M   59 3139M    0     0   484k      0  3:05:40  1:50:36  1:15:04  283k
curl: (18) transfer closed with 2234090663 bytes remaining to read

This time another error came up:

curl: (56) LibreSSL SSL_read: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, errno 54

How lucky I am... <_<

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

 

It's full installer from Apple catalog same as App Store. You can use other script attached: do the same thing.

 

And you. can switch Developer program (Beta) to Regular with  Software Update Switcher 10.8-10.14 SWUSwitcher.app 1.0.6

 

installScript_1014fullapp.zip


I think I switched to regular directly from software update settings. Anyway I'm trying again the DownloadFullApp script hoping this time there will be no errors... it's 80% right now.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone with Mojave please check the app Preview and save something as a JPEG?

 

Everytime I save as a JPEG I get the spinning ball and have to force quit. Any other format (PNG, TIFF) works fine. Wondering if this is a Mojave glitch???????

 

It does save the file as a JPEG but I have to force quit because the spinning ball never stops. When I relaunch Preview and open the JPEG, I get the never ending beach ball again. Weird, only JPEGs.

Edited by bocajoe

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bocajoe said:

Can someone with Mojave please check the app Preview and save something as a JPEG?

 

Everytime I save as a JPEG I get the spinning ball and have to force quit. Any other format (PNG, TIFF) works fine. Wondering if this is a Mojave glitch???????

 

It does save the file as a JPEG but I have to force quit because the spinning ball never stops. When I relaunch Preview and open the JPEG, I get the never ending beach ball again. Weird, only JPEGs.

No problem here on the latest beta... I'll give it a try when I'll be on the final version

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

No issue on my Ivy Bridge/HD4000 Dell Latitude E6230 with GA Mojave 18A391. I can take PNG screenshots, open them up in Preview then export/save them as JPEG. Then I can also open up those JPEG in Preview, crop/resize them before saving the changes. All is Ok as far as this laptop is concerned.

 

I had no issue either in beta versions on other Sandy Bridge/Core2Duo laptops.

 

Edited by Hervé

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

OK thanks Hervé and Swear! Not sure what is going on with my rig then.

Edited by bocajoe

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, telepati said:

Can't see USB installer on clover boot screen? Any idea?

Which way do you used to create the USB installation?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 10:39 PM, Allan said:

Which way do you used to create the USB installation?

 

I used TINU.app. Installed latest clover build. Add kexts.

 

Edit: I had added the wrong kext. Changed it. Everything works now.

Edited by telepati

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upgrade went pretty straightforward from the app store. Just had to update Clover and check the apfsloader/remove old apfs with my chipset.

 

Because I skipped the beta this time, I wasn't aware that the desktop wallpaper changes to dark at night, even if you have the light theme activated. nice! Anyone else noticed?

 

 

 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-26 um 00.00.34.png

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, xtraa said:

Upgrade went pretty straightforward from the app store. Just had to update Clover and check the apfsloader/remove old apfs with my chipset.

 

Because I skipped the beta this time, I wasn't aware that the desktop wallpaper changes to dark at night, even if you have the light theme activated. nice! Anyone else noticed?

 

 

 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-26 um 00.00.34.png

That's because dark mode and dynamic wallpaper are two separate things :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swear said:

That's because dark mode and dynamic wallpaper are two separate things :)

 

Such a nice feature! :)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hervé said:

JPEG edit:

 

 

OK thanks! What program did you use to record your screen video? 

 

I installed Mojave on a 2nd computer and Preview acts REALLY strange when I try to crop part of an image from Screenshots from my desktop. I wanted to just grab a portion of the screen. Similar as the 1st computer I posted about. I'll post a video if I can find out what program to do a screen video capture.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just a classic QuickTime screen recording. Had to split into 2 x vids due to 10MB attachment limitation.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


×